samandaro

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
I got a new external hard drive and tried it on my pc with 2.0 ports, but it didn't recognize the hard drive and the hard drive started making clicking noises. However, when I plugged the hard drive into my laptop with 3.0 ports, it worked. I tried getting a USB hub, but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to get the hard drive working on my pc?

Solution
I got a new external hard drive and tried it on my pc with 2.0 ports, but it didn't recognize the hard drive and the hard drive started making clicking noises. However, when I plugged the hard drive into my laptop with 3.0 ports, it worked. I tried getting a USB hub, but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to get the hard drive working on my pc?
Does USB cord have 2 USB male connectors ? USB3 gives more power than USB2 so without 2 connectors it may not have enough power.
Does USB cord have 2 USB male connectors ? USB3 gives more power than USB2 so without 2 connectors it may not have enough power.

Solution