Question New USB Hub is not recognized ?

TangoDown87

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
Greetings,

Need some help with a USB hub I bought: USB Hub 3.0 Splitter,7 Port USB Data Hub From Amazon, I also got a CableCreation USB C to Micro B 3.0 Cable.
My motherboard ASRock X570 Steal Legend has a USB-C port at the back,

I have checked the Port With 2 Devices, first with my cell phone with a USB-C to USB-C connection and with my Seagate 2TB HD with the USB-B 3.0 to USB-C cable. Both these devices work fine and windows detect them and I can navigate the files. When I plug the Hub into the port using the USB-B 3.0 cable to USB-C nothing happens, windows does not recognize the hub or anything plugged into it.

I checked my Device manager and under Human Interface Devices I see
HID-compliant consumer control device (x5)
HID-compliant System Control
HID-compliant vendor-defined device (x6)
USB Input Device (x5)
and a few things for Bluetooth devices (which I don't use any BT devices and don't really feel comfortable uninstalling any of this as all my I/O devices are USB based.

I have also tried plugging in the hub with a USB-B 3.0 to USB-A cable in all ports available including the ones on my front panel witch the 2 previously mentioned devices (my Phone and the Seagate HD) work on all other ports using those same cables.

There are no errors on any of the drivers in my Device Manager. I also downloaded the utility from AsRock to install/update any software/drivers needed but still no luck

Any Suggestions/Help is greatly aprecated

TangoDown87

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
The Hub uses USB-B 3.0, on the Back of my Computer I have a bunch of USB-A 3.0 Ports as well as one USB-C Port.

So I have 2 Cables with one end being USB-B 3.0 one that has a Type A on the other end and the other cable has a Type C cable.

So I have tried all the ports with the 2 different types of cables and The hub just doesn't seem to get recognized as were the other devices work fine with those cables.

TangoDown87

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
The Hub uses a USB-B 3.0 to USB-A cord, I've used both the orignal corde and the new one I purchesed from azomon witch is USB-C to USB-A and have tried all permutations of ports and cords.

TRENDING THREADS