• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question new usb wifi adapter providing slow upload speed

Nov 2, 2019
So i recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard to a ryzen 5 1600 and gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 and got myself a lexar 240gb ssd. Sadly my pci wifi card is no longer compatible. So i decided to use the powerline adapters however, they were only 2 pin and i had to use adapters. I quickly noticed the speed and ping was horrendous. So today i bought myself a tplink ac600 WiFi adapter because i thought it might be better than buying 3 pin powerline adapters. It does work however, i noticed that it is giving me pretty bad download speeds and horrific upload speeds. I am connected to the 5ghz band and the router is directly downstairs in the room below. (insert image won't work) View: https://imgur.com/a/nG0mt8u
Does anyone have a solution as i have installed the latest drivers ?

Nov 9, 2019
Check this post on USB WIFI Adapter. you will find according to your need and budget.
I initially followed TP-Link's instructions to download the latest drivers from their website, but after doing so, the adapter was not found. After contacting TPL Customer Service, they sent me a link to so-called updated drivers, but they were the exact same ones on their website. Same problem. I then checked in Device Manager and confirmed the device was installed and working properly. I then connected to the adapter, put in my wifi password and voila! No need for TPL software as it is apparently plug-n-play...Windows 10 assigned a driver and it works fine. Once you get past that nuisance, its a great device.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS