new usb xbox 360 controller not working on pc, quick flash when plugged in and pressing home button flashes quickly

lewisaro1

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
is the controller f****d? i bought it brand new, its not being recognized by 2 pc's and ive installed the drivers, tried reinstalling them too, it seems that the LEDs cut out

Solution
Well it seems that it's defective somehow. I have had 3/4 now, and they have all worked just by plugging them in. Have you tried it on a different PC? Maybe it's possible that windows itself is missing something somehow for the controller to work properly.
Win vista/win7/win8 should install the 360 controller automatically. Is it an actual microsoft 360 controller? When you say it's USB, do you mean that it is wired, or is it wired via a plug and play kit? If this is the case you need to purchase a wireless adapter for your PC. You can still use the plug and play charge kit to charge the controller, but the PC will not recognise the controller without the wireless adapter. Hope this helps.

Well it seems that it's defective somehow. I have had 3/4 now, and they have all worked just by plugging them in. Have you tried it on a different PC? Maybe it's possible that windows itself is missing something somehow for the controller to work properly.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS