Question New user created instead of logging ino existing account

Status
Not open for further replies.

naviseyer

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Anyone know why windows 11pro would create a example. Domain user folder instead of logging into example user folder ?

Small office network using windows server 2012 r2 . This morning received a call from user that all her icons , folders , outlook and access to drives is gone .
when i checked the c drive there was her original user folder example and a new user folder created this morning Example. Domain .

So i reinstalled and remapped her drives just so she could work but why would the workstation create a duplicate use folder instead of logging her on to a normal user profile and folder ?

Whats my best course of action deleting the new user folder that is .domain or deleting her old user folder and allowing her to continue on the user.domain.

any info is greatly appreciated .

best

Ivan

Windows will create a new and temporary (will be recreated on the next login) profile if it detects corruption in the primary. Sometimes this is transient and only happens once. If it continues then you will have to take appropriate steps to remove the corrupted profile and let the system recreate it.

Windows will create a new and temporary (will be recreated on the next login) profile if it detects corruption in the primary. Sometimes this is transient and only happens once. If it continues then you will have to take appropriate steps to remove the corrupted profile and let the system recreate it.
This. And don't forget to delete the registry entry after deleting the profile itself, otherwise the system may create another temporary profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.