New UT on the way (surprise, surprise...)

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

http://www.pczone.co.uk
NEW UNREAL TOURNAMENT EXPLODES ONTO THE SCENE

Epic finally reveals the next in the multiplayer Unreal franchise

15:56 The first snippets of information regarding the sequel to UT2004
have surfaced in the new issue of Computer Gaming World magazine.
Powered by the monstrous Unreal Engine 3, it's set to shoot Doom 3 to
ribbons.

The title at present remains undecided, referred to simply as "the next
Unreal Tournament." The Onslaught, Deathmatch and Capture the Flag modes
have survived to this sequel, but there's no mention of Assault or
Domination. Never fear, as they have been succeeded by the
awesome-sounding 'Conquest'.

This mode appears to be an elaboration on both Assault and Onslaught,
being "potentially as large as three onslaught maps with assault-like
objectives and even a form of limited resource management planned,"
which ties in with the article's mention of voice-controlled AI - some
sort of speech-activated C&C-esque action may very well be on the cards.
 

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
74
0
18,630
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
news:42498e74$0$303$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> http://www.pczone.co.uk
> NEW UNREAL TOURNAMENT EXPLODES ONTO THE SCENE
>
> Epic finally reveals the next in the multiplayer Unreal franchise
>
> 15:56 The first snippets of information regarding the sequel to UT2004
> have surfaced in the new issue of Computer Gaming World magazine. Powered
> by the monstrous Unreal Engine 3, it's set to shoot Doom 3 to ribbons.
>
> The title at present remains undecided, referred to simply as "the next
> Unreal Tournament." The Onslaught, Deathmatch and Capture the Flag modes
> have survived to this sequel, but there's no mention of Assault or
> Domination. Never fear, as they have been succeeded by the
> awesome-sounding 'Conquest'.
>
> This mode appears to be an elaboration on both Assault and Onslaught,
> being "potentially as large as three onslaught maps with assault-like
> objectives and even a form of limited resource management planned," which
> ties in with the article's mention of voice-controlled AI - some sort of
> speech-activated C&C-esque action may very well be on the cards.

Hmmm it probably will on the multi-player front but I think it'll be a
pretty week single player experience? Now if they can get Unreal III right
....

BillL
 

Toby

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
250
0
18,780
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On 2005-03-29, BillL <billc1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hmmm it probably will on the multi-player front but I think it'll be a
> pretty week single player experience? Now if they can get Unreal III right

Are they making an Unreal 3?

--
Toby.
Add the word afiduluminag to the subject
field to circumvent my email filters.
 

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
74
0
18,630
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
news:slrnd4kpit.5lh.google@ID-171443.user.uni-berlin.de...
> On 2005-03-29, BillL <billc1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm it probably will on the multi-player front but I think it'll be a
>> pretty week single player experience? Now if they can get Unreal III
>> right
>
> Are they making an Unreal 3?
>
> --
> Toby.
> Add the word afiduluminag to the subject
> field to circumvent my email filters.

Not sure, but if they were and it was done right ....? ;o)