[SOLVED] New Video Card Needed?

adrian0883

Prominent
Nov 18, 2019
I currently have an NVIDIA Quadro K4000 in my desktop and I'm trying to play some games like Assassin’s Creed Origins and Mortal Kombat 11. I've been told that those games require a better card than I have, but I'm not sure if that is true. Do I need a new card? If so can someone recomend a card that will not kill my wallet? I don't care if it's AMD or NVIDIA.

PC Specs (According to Speccy):

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) (Unfortunately)

CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2620 @ 2.00GHz (2.5GHz Turbo) (2 Processors) 12 Cores 24 Threads Combined

RAM: 64 GB DDR3 @ 664MHz

Motherboard: Dell Inc. 082WXT

Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (3 GB)

LG 24MC37D-B Monitor (1920x1080)

Storage: 2 1TB Internal Hard Drives (Intel Raid), 4TB Western Digital WD My Book 25EE USB Device (External)

Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT80N

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Solution
That's literally a whole computer. LOL!

It lags a little bit. I can't run anything on high settings.

I would not expect that system to run those games at high settings. As was pointed out, the parts you have are made for office use and are old for gaming. Try a newer video card that may help more than a new CPU.
I currently have an NVIDIA Quadro K4000 in my desktop and I'm trying to play some games like Assassin’s Creed Origins and Mortal Kombat 11. I've been told that those games require a better card than I have, but I'm not sure if that is true. Do I need a new card? If so can someone recomend a card that will not kill my wallet? I don't care if it's AMD or NVIDIA.

So what happens when you play those games, do they run slow? Have you played around with quality options? If yes and they still run slow then what you were told is true. Both the video card and CPU you have are 7-8 years old, which is pretty old in computer time. You may want to look at a used nVidia 970 card for that system, make sure you check for a newer BIOS for the motherboard. If you want a new card, 1650 Super is a good card for 1080 gaming.

adrian0883

Prominent
Nov 18, 2019
You'll most likely want a new CPU, MOBO and GPU if you are trying to game. Your current set up is essentially an office work station.

That's literally a whole computer. LOL!

So what happens when you play those games, do they run slow? Have you played around with quality options? If yes and they still run slow then what you were told is true. Both the video card and CPU you have are 7-8 years old, which is pretty old in computer time. You may want to look at a used nVidia 970 card for that system, make sure you check for a newer BIOS for the motherboard. If you want a new card, 1650 Super is a good card for 1080 gaming.

It lags a little bit. I can't run anything on high settings.