New video card problem

Charles_99

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM
I have a GTX 1060 video card brand new I have in an alienware x51 R2 tower. I have all drivers updated, I have it set to discrete in BIOS. I start up Dayz and on the start screen it shows only 5-7 FPS once in game it jumps between 10 fps to 70 fps constantly.

Monitor IS plugged into GTX 1060 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Note: In display adapters list it shows the gtx and on-board graphics I right clicked and disabled on-board but it still shows in display adapters. (Not sure if this could be a factor??)

P.S it cannot be the card but because i returned the first one thinking that it was broken and the replacement one is doing the same thing!

OTHER INFO

CPU while idle 3-7%

CPU while playing Rome 2:Total War 25% (Could not get the CPU read on DAYZ no window mode)
Physical Memory:21%

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Windows 7

16 GB RAM

Solution

Also, check every single connection going into the motherboard and the card. Are they okay?
Could you figure out the PCI express port that is on your current motherboard? That shouldn't be a problem but just checking up. If you have the latest updates form windows 10 and the PCI Express 2.0 x16 and above, you should still be performing fine. If the error still occurs, check your main disc drive that all your games are on, and run some benchmarks with some other software and compare it to other GTX 1060's. Hope everything goes well!

FnaticMeister

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016

Could you figure out the PCI express port that is on your current motherboard? That shouldn't be a problem but just checking up. If you have the latest updates form windows 10 and the PCI Express 2.0 x16 and above, you should still be performing fine. If the error still occurs, check your main disc drive that all your games are on, and run some benchmarks with some other software and compare it to other GTX 1060's. Hope everything goes well!

Charles_99

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

I have windows 7

FnaticMeister

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016

Also, check every single connection going into the motherboard and the card. Are they okay?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS