New water cooler making cracking/rattling noise

brandon9455

Reputable
Apr 16, 2017
I just installed my first water cooler to my system, it was the Corsair h100i pro, and when I first turn it on it made a cracking/Rattling noise for about 10 seconds then stopped, during this time I could easily hear the liquid moving around the loop, but when it stopped making the noise I couldn't hear the liquid moving. I'm sure the cooler still works as I ran AIDA64 Stability test in which my Ryzen 5 1600x @3.8 (auto voltage) stayed at 61 degrees one reaching equilibrium, I'm just really paranoid if something could have gone wrong somewhere or if this is normal.

System specs: (not really like it's useful)
Ryzen 5 1600X
Gigabyte AX-370 gaming K5
Strix GTX 1080
16GB Gskill trident Z RGB ram 3GHz
Corsair h100I Pro
+Storage
https://ibb.co/hPAYxK

Solution
Sounds like there was just a couple of air bubbles trapped in the pump area that needed to be moved. Dont worry.

Its like a custom built water loop. Need to bleed the air out from the blocks etc. During that time the waterpump can make some funky noise. Same goes with your AIO.
Sounds like there was just a couple of air bubbles trapped in the pump area that needed to be moved. Dont worry.

Its like a custom built water loop. Need to bleed the air out from the blocks etc. During that time the waterpump can make some funky noise. Same goes with your AIO.

Solution