[SOLVED] New Water Loop - 2 Days Later, Murky Reservoir. Help!

havok41

Honorable
Apr 13, 2015
Hi all.

I just got a new loop with new parts Leak tested, after 2 days reservoir got a bit murky. I cleaned everything before installing. (vinegar + hot water the rad 2 times and rinse at least 2 - 3 times)

photo below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yuVnTRR9sbrPF7879

distilled water plus, pt nuke biocide plus, a drop of dish soap is the mix. If this is not performance affecting at all I will wait it out till next maintenance cycle.

All the best!

Thanks for any insights, keep the thread going :)
All your answers are helping a lot!

UPDATE: i flushed the loop with around 5.5 liters of Distilled water, filled her up and added 2 drops of pt nuke.

Clear as day! PHOTOS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tv7FBv7CTbrgh35o9

Last edited:
Solution
Would have to agree - looks similar to what a clear loop looks like if radiators are not flushed thoroughly (or at all).

Although, why the dish soap? I keep seeing people recommending this, but I don't see the benefit of doing so. How much did you add?

There is a possibility that the soap + PT Nuke + manufacturing oils are now a murky soup of coolant.

havok41

Honorable
Apr 13, 2015
Hi 13thmonkey,

pretty sure rad is clean rinsed at least 3 times with hot boiled water after vinegar cleanse. all new parts etc. 1 thing to point out tho, all bubbles are gone but tubing is clear as day. this is somehow strange? maybe a reservoir reaction to the pt nuke plus dish soap?

Last edited:

havok41

Honorable
Apr 13, 2015
Hi Karadjgne,

Nice input man! but whew that residue tho "pretty sure rad is clean rinsed at least 3 times with hot boiled water after vinegar cleanse " btw if it makes a difference its a freezemod 360 rad and pump reservoir combo all copper including the block. 2nd question from here is will it affect performance at all? if not wont bother till next bleed/clean/rinse/fill.

All the best!

Last edited:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Would have to agree - looks similar to what a clear loop looks like if radiators are not flushed thoroughly (or at all).

Although, why the dish soap? I keep seeing people recommending this, but I don't see the benefit of doing so. How much did you add?

There is a possibility that the soap + PT Nuke + manufacturing oils are now a murky soup of coolant.

Reactions: havok41
Solution

havok41

Honorable
Apr 13, 2015
Hi rubix_1011,

I added around 0.3 cc of dish soap to be exact using a syringe.

My idea is to flush the loop with Distilled water for a couple of times then fill her up again and add PT nuke. Will wait for a couple of days see if the problem replicates itself, wont add dish soap anymore. Hope it works!

Last edited: