[SOLVED] New watercooled gaming rig

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heya folks,

I am building a new gaming rig and need some help with watercooling. I am using the phanteks evolv x case and the rog maximus xi formula motherboard. I have a 1tb NVMe SSD and the RTX 2080 Super Aorus WB (Pre-Installed waterblock) but can't decide on what radiator size to get, what size hard line and things like that. I know what coolant and cpu block I am getting but that is it. clear coolant and the EKWB EK Velocity Nickel/Plexi cpu block. I want to use Corsair LL120's or LL140's because they look so good. I also need help on deciding on a pump and reservoir (seperate)
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Fate05 =)

Solution
I'm assuming you have a 9700K or 9900K (judging from the upper tier other parts you mentioned). I wouldn't put both a CPU and GPU on a 240 or 280 rad, so if your case allows it, I'd go for a 360 for 420 rad. I'm also curious why you want a separate res and pump. I'd go for a pump/res combo by EK if you're already picking their brand.
I'm assuming you have a 9700K or 9900K (judging from the upper tier other parts you mentioned). I wouldn't put both a CPU and GPU on a 240 or 280 rad, so if your case allows it, I'd go for a 360 for 420 rad. I'm also curious why you want a separate res and pump. I'd go for a pump/res combo by EK if you're already picking their brand.

Reactions: Fate05
Solution

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019

I am indeed going with 9700k sorry for not mentioning that. I was going to be doing 2 rads. I was thinking a 360 uptop and a 140 at the back. If this isnt enough them feel free tomsay. Also I did consider going with a pump res combo but then I thought why not do a seperate pump and reservoir. If the combos are good then sure may as well get one

I don't know if it would be enough, but I'd just never go with a single-fan radiator personally. Going 3fan rad and 1fan rad would also look/sound weird IMO. I'd go with 1x3, 2x2 or 3+2 myself... I'm not making this much easier for you yet, I'm sorry haha.

You can go ahead and have a separate pump and res, but I don't see why you would. I can't remember the last time I heard someone specifically choosing separate parts, especially if they're already buying EK parts.