New watercooled will not boot

_atts_

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Hey there i have a new system transfered from my define r6 to pc-o11 D

I have built the system and the system fails to boot at all i have played around with the front i/o connecters and they change nothing, when jumping the psu the pump operates so the psu is fine,no fans spin, no fault code, i have not taken the ram out of the motherboard since i droped it into my new build so... no ram problem... all psu connectors are fitted to there respective places, i have a crosshair 6 hero, when the mobo is powered the green light to say cpu ready is lit soo no cpu fault??

I just dunno guys i have a 4000 dollar brick atm, need some help cheers :)

Pull everything out and re-seat it being in a new case you might be grounding the motherboard somewhere. With the motherboard being in the old case held in by the screws, when you took it out the motherboard has no support and flex's. This can move ram sticks and even cpus just enough that they no longer match up to where they were suppose to.

I recently pull a server that had been working, cleaned and re thermal pasted the cpus. Put it back in the rack, turned it on to make sure everything was ok and powered it off for a week. went to turn it on and no dice, that thermal cycle just for a day was enough to shift the CPUs to not power on. Pulled the cpus re-thermal pasted them and havent had an issue since.

Yes i know pulling everything out sucks with water cooling, all of my computers are custom water cooled since the P4 days, but its ether that or have a paper weight just sitting there. Also check all power cables, even the slightest bump while running a tube might knock one loose enough that it looks like its still connected but not making good contact.

_atts_

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks mate

I was just throwing things around and putting pressure on the cpu, this caused the fans to spin, but still no boot, and an error code number 8,

I definitely think that its earthing somewhere now, i was putting pressure on the cpu and the fans would spin but other times i did it would cut power to the board.