[SOLVED] New webcam won't work on new secondary PC ?

Omnigash

Reputable
Jul 8, 2016
Recently bought a generic plug and play webcam and my new secondary PC won't recognise it, however, it works perfectly on my main machine.
Did a clean Windows 10 installation, tried updating the drivers, but the thing just won't work. Can you guys help me?

Secondary PC that the webcam won't work on:
CPU Ryzen 3 3200G
MoBo Biostar A320MH
8Gb RAM DDR4
SSD 120Gb
PSU TGT Tomahawk 500W
Windows 10 Pro

Main PC that the webcam does work on:
CPU i3 9100F
MoBo ASUS TUF H310M-Plus Gaming/BR
2x8Gb RAM DDR4
GPU ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX580 8G OC
PSU Corsair CX 550
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks in advance.

Solution
On the secondary PC: is that 120 GB SSD the boot drive? How full is the drive?

After installing the drivers for the new webcam, do you see the webcam in Device Manager on the Secondary PC? If so, check the properties (all tabs).

Compare the settings and information to what you find on the Main PC.

Did you try other USB ports on the Secondary PC? How many other, if any, USB devices are installed on the Secondary PC?

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events regarding the new webcam.

Ralston18

Titan
On the secondary PC: is that 120 GB SSD the boot drive? How full is the drive?

After installing the drivers for the new webcam, do you see the webcam in Device Manager on the Secondary PC? If so, check the properties (all tabs).

Compare the settings and information to what you find on the Main PC.

Did you try other USB ports on the Secondary PC? How many other, if any, USB devices are installed on the Secondary PC?

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events regarding the new webcam.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution