Mar 25, 2020
I recently bought a new WIFI 6 enabled router (Nighthawk AX8) because I dont often buy or consider new routers and wanted to set myself up for the future and replace my current 2012 Netgear router. Since most of my devices other than our new Iphones cannot utilize the new standard, I want to buy a cheaper tri-band ac mesh extender located a different part of the house for the rest of the connected devices.

(Note* - I want to buy AC mesh extender (EX7000) as a cheaper alternative to new wifi 6 extenders available)

Questions:

- Does Nighthawk AX8 support tri-band (2.4/5a/5b Hz) AC technology plus new wifi 6 standard (6Hz)?

- Will the new Nighthawk AX8 router support Netgear EX7000 with seamless mesh capabilities in addition to tri-band technology?

Follow-up question:

-
If my new router does not support tri-band range extender technology, should I consider looking into dual band AC range extender instead?

Thank you for your time,
LukasL

Last edited:
Solution
I recently bought a new WIFI 6 enabled router (Nighthawk AX8) because I dont often buy or consider new routers and wanted to set myself up for the future and replace my current 2012 Netgear router. Since most of my devices other than our new Iphones cannot utilize the new standard, I want to buy a cheaper tri-band ac mesh extender located a different part of the house for the rest of the connected devices.

(Note* - I want to buy AC mesh extender (EX7000) as a cheaper alternative to new wifi 6 extenders available)

Questions:

- Does Nighthawk AX8 support tri-band (2.4/5a/5b Hz) AC technology plus new wifi 6 standard (6Hz)?

- Will the new Nighthawk AX8 router support Netgear EX7000 with seamless mesh capabilities in addition...

kanewolf

Titan

Questions:

- Will the new Nighthawk AX8 router support Netgear EX7000 with seamless mesh capabilities in addition to tri-band technology?

Follow-up question:

-
If my new router does not support tri-band range extender technology, should I consider looking into dual band AC range extender instead?

Thank you for your time,
LukasL
You say you want to be forward looking, but you use the worst possible networking technology (WIFI extenders). I would recommend ANY wired network (ethernet, MoCA, power line) with an access point over any WIFI extender.

Solution