Question New Win 10 Machine with Outlook Issue

Dec 10, 2019
I recently retired my old Win 7 box, which is to say it died and I was forced to replace it. I built a new machine with Win 10 and it's running great. I've installed MS Office 365 and setup Outlook to access my Yahoo mail account. Now here's the issue, in my old Win 7 config running Outlook 2013 (not Office 365) I was able to point outlook to a .pst file on a network share and make it the default location for mail...Outlook worked like a charm downloading new mail to the .pst, recording my sent items in the .pst, etc. Just as you would expect. Now in Office 365 I've again pointed Outlook to the .pst file on the network and made it the default location for mail. Outlook sees the file and displays the contents but inbound mail continues to be downloaded into the .ost file on the local disk.

Anyone know how I can get Outlook to import new mail into the .pst on the network instead of the .ost on the local drive?

Dec 10, 2019
I haven't actually done anything about it yet but I think I figured it out. Outlook 2013 was setup using a POP3 config but I setup Office 365 Outlook as IMAP. I believe the IMAP will only deliver to the .ost file whereas POP3 can be configured to point entirely to a .pst if so desired.

TRENDING THREADS