new win/8.1 pc annoying the absolute shit out of me!!! please help!

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
so I pick my new pc up and everything is installed on the ssd (C drive) which is kinda what I was expecting, but I was also expecting to be able to change the bloody location of the user folder to my HDD!!!
iv been on this thread here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-to-move-user-folders-to-2nd-drive-in-windows-8/f58029d0-bfcf-4fab-a266-a56f6d9e65b5?page=3 with another bunch of pissed of people at Microsoft because they cant fix a simple issue, and still haven't found my answer.
one of the problems I have is I cannot find the location bar in the user properties to change the location of the user folder which may be why. (my pc is a custom so I may not be able to restore it as it may un install windows, gpu software and cpu software installed on the ssd (I don't know if the fact that its a custom will change this).
I would realy like a simple answer that wont corrupt anything. please help. thankyou.

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

sorry I cant talk again today so talk again tomorrow. but like I said there is no locations tab and is there any way of making the d drive the defult drive for downloading things to? I may have more questions later. thankyou you are very helpful!

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

(I just updated my last post because I reilised I posted that fan quiery on the wrong thread but you replied too quickily :) thanks anyway that actually helped me :) ).

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

just wondering, if i where to just cut the appdata folder and move it, would the apps that use it know where all the info is and install in that folder which is in the new location?