[SOLVED] New Windows Install - Ethernet is connected yet no internet.

Apr 28, 2020
Hey, so recently I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my PC after running into a looped BSOD. Upon loading up windows 10, I realized that I no longer have internet connection:

1. There is no status / ethernet tab on my Network & Internet setting.

2. In change adapter settings, the folder is empty.

3. When I do ipconfig/all, only the 5 starting line show nothing else (Host name, Primary DNS Suffix etc.)

The LED lights on my motherboard is lighting up which I would assume is working as the ethernet worked before I installed a fresh copy of windows and also lit up when plugged in.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Hey, so recently I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my PC after running into a looped BSOD. Upon loading up windows 10, I realized that I no longer have internet connection:

3. When I do ipconfig/all, only the 5 starting line show nothing else (Host name, Primary DNS Suffix etc.)

The LED lights on my motherboard is lighting up which I would assume is working as the ethernet worked before I installed a fresh copy of windows and also lit up when plugged in.

Hi There:benetton:
Well seems like your Ethernet Controller driver are missing...I would assume...

Bassplate

Reputable

Well seems like your Ethernet Controller driver are missing...I would assume redownloading the latest Ethernet Controller(Network adapter) Driver to fix your Problem.
Download the latest Ethernet(Netwoek adapter) here=https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10
Note Firstly check what operating bits you have installed(64Bit or 32 bit)
If you have 64bit installed make sure to download the 64bit operating driver.
If you have 32bit installed make sure to download the 32bit Ethernet driver:benetton::benetton:

Solution
If this is a desktop, go to your motherboard manufacturer website or PC manufacturer, for off the shelf desktops and laptops, website and download all the drivers for it.

Never rely on window built in drivers because sometimes the drivers don't work properly.

You'll obviously need to use another computer to download it.

Apr 28, 2020
Well seems like your Ethernet Controller driver are missing...I would assume redownloading the latest Ethernet Controller(Network adapter) Driver to fix your Problem.
Download the latest Ethernet(Netwoek adapter) here=https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10
Note Firstly check what operating bits you have installed(64Bit or 32 bit)
If you have 64bit installed make sure to download the 64bit operating driver.
If you have 32bit installed make sure to download the 32bit Ethernet driver:benetton::benetton:

Yup, it appears so, once I go into the device manager there seems to be a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark within it. However, once I download the intel network adapter driver it failed to install saying that I do not have a intel adapter.

Don't do the intel driver unless you have an intel ethernet controller. You could have a realtek or broadcom ethernet controller on your PC.

Like I said, go to the manufacturer of your motherboard or PC to download the proper driver. Many off the shelf PC's have a serial number on them, you just type in the serial number which has the build information and will link you to the proper drivers.