News New Windows Terminal Preview Boasts Themes and Colors Galore

Giroro

Splendid
Who asked for this?
Why is Microsoft wasting money and effort forcing unnecessary art and bloat into a text box, when their OS is still lacking essential functionality and customization options? How hard is it to copy/paste features from Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10?

People aren't avoiding and uninstalling Windows 11 because it looks like garbage, runs like garbage, slow animations, terrible information density, and you can't even do something as basic as move the task bar into landscape mode. Windows 11 has an awful GUI which provides a User Experience that is blatantly inferior to every Windows and Mac Product since 2001, with the possible exception of Windows 8. How is it even possible to change so little, yet ruin so much?
Who is the manager that approved a team to waste so much effort on a GPU accelerated command prompt, and why does that manager's boss still have a job? Because that is a person who has fundamentally no idea what a functional GUI looks like, or what an Operating System is supposed to do. Windows 11 is a product that demonstrates a complete failure of leadership and product ownership at every level. Basically, the operating system sucks, and no .jpeg on earth is pretty enough to improve it. So, Microsoft, please stop trying to replace engineers with first-year art students. It's clearly not working.
I know it's a hard concept to understand, but Windows should be designed by people who actually use it.

coromonadalix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Who said it was productive to do more clicks than necessary to select or do things in windows, crappy control panel, crappy start menu, who decided to remove context menus

and that crappy file mananger .... suggestions when i don't need them, publicity .....

hey i have paid for that @#^#^ of Windows Entreprise, can i get a refund ???

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Windows Terminal has it's own team, and they can choose to add features outside of the OS as it's just an appx package.

With that said, I really hope this doesn't slow down the launching of the app. I mean, it's not like anyone is using WT as an IDE, spending large amounts of time in it. But still, as a REPLACEMENT for CMD.exe, it needs to be fast as possible.

Bloat in a terminal application is totally unnecessary.

Matt_ogu812

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017