New Wireless Card not being recognized in Vista

Robie7642003

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I just installed a new Gigabyte Air Cruise wireless g PCI card into a Gigabyte motherboard. I installed the drivers off the disc, although a "client utility" that should have popped up after installation didn't. I went to Device Manager and it did say that my network card was working properly.

But when I try to find my existing wireless network it says I don't have a wireless adapter installed.

I had originally had the computer hooked to the router via an ethernet cable, which I had disconnected.

As background, I never could find my existing home wireless network on the computer via the cable hook-up--it set up its own network which could access the other network computers, but I couldn't access the new computer off the other older computers on the network. I thought it might be easier to find the network wirelessly.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
try using windows update to search for new hardware downloads, maybe theres an updated driver for it.

the issue with shares would probably be solved by running the file and printer sharing wizard and making sure your machine is in the same workgroup and that the firewall has an exception for file and printer sharing.