New work laptop, advice please!

BMilli21

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
I am looking to buy a new laptop for work out in the field but that I can also place on a docking station back in the office. I would like it to have windows 10 home, or work well with windows OSs. I would like the laptop to have a 10-12 hour battery life at least, and able to charge via your car. Also, I would like to avoid a laptop that has overheating issues. As far as price goes, it is lower priority.

Are there any suggestions for a build like this?

kanewolf

Titan
I am looking to buy a new laptop for work out in the field but that I can also place on a docking station back in the office. I would like it to have windows 10 home, or work well with windows OSs. I would like the laptop to have a 10-12 hour battery life at least, and able to charge via your car. Also, I would like to avoid a laptop that has overheating issues. As far as price goes, it is lower priority.

Are there any suggestions for a build like this?
What does "out in the field" mean? That phase to me, says something like a Panasonic Toughbook. Something that won't be bothered by rough handling.

BMilli21

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
What does "out in the field" mean? That phase to me, says something like a Panasonic Toughbook. Something that won't be bothered by rough handling.

Yes something that could take some rough handling would be ideal. It would be used mostly in a truck or possibly out on the tailgate at time to show foreman information.