New WRT1900ACS factory reset, shows DD-WRT

Lorcank95

Reputable
May 31, 2014
Hi all,

I bought a new one of these routers, factory reset it using the button on the back and when I typed in the default IP gateway it brought me to the DDWRT control panel. I have no idea why as I have not touched the software on this router at all. In fact I cannot even access the router settings on mysmartwifi or otherwise when connected to it. It only showed up with the SSID "DDWRT" after I reset it. I'm really confused and feel super betrayed by linksys as this was an expensive router. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Lorcan.

Solution
Are you sure you did not buy it preloaded with dd-wrt firmware. The main reason to buy the "WRT" line of linksys routers it to be able to load dd-wrt or other thirdparty firmware. They have other similar routers much cheaper that do not run third party firmware.

It should be as simple as downloading the latest factory firmware from linksys website. Unless you just do not like the DD-WRT user interface it should work the same as any other router. You can just ignore all the options you do not plan to use.
Are you sure you did not buy it preloaded with dd-wrt firmware. The main reason to buy the "WRT" line of linksys routers it to be able to load dd-wrt or other thirdparty firmware. They have other similar routers much cheaper that do not run third party firmware.

It should be as simple as downloading the latest factory firmware from linksys website. Unless you just do not like the DD-WRT user interface it should work the same as any other router. You can just ignore all the options you do not plan to use.

Solution