New x1900xtx. Installing new video drivers makes it worse!!

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Hey, I just got a ATI x1900xtx last week. It's watercooled and all. I installed a slipstreamed version of windows that came with something called AeroGlass. It was pre-installed with graphics drivers, but they're old.

When I went to ATI's site to download the latest and installed them, after I rebooted.. my grpahics resolution and bit changed to the lowest. It's all weird colors now and very big. I reverted to original drivers, and it works on the old ones again. But again.. they're old.

Is there any way to find out what's wrong or what's causing it not to install? I installed my latest motherboard chipset drivers and everything for everything else.

Thanks alot.

ps: here's what it says the version of windows comes with. It's windows pro slipstreamed with aeroglass and these features.
http://www.crewxp.com/x1900xtx/info.txt

And also.. here's some screenshots.
http://www.crewxp.com/x1900xtx

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
its fixed now. someone pm'd me a solution. Something about a modified version being on there or something, did a CLEAN install like you said. Works!!!

Anyways, which driver set would yall reccomend for me? I'm having a hard time chosing between the Omega drivers and the latest ATI one.

Thanks

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I installed a slipstreamed version of windows that came with something called AeroGlass.

Um... AeroGlass is a Vista only feature, someoe may have hacked a version for XP (I'm assuming thats what you installed), but odds are it only will work with certain versions of the drivers (and suck up resources). Personally I would stick to a regular version of XP as AeroGlass doesn't add much...

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
the latest ATI ones for sure. supposedly gives somethings a nice boost especially with the x1900 series.

of course i am biased as they ahve helped my crossfire alot.

I'm using Cat 6.7 with my X600, and I find that it has a lot of problems with NFS:MW.