New Xbox Gaming headset search

Jake1596

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
I’m trying to look at buying a new gaming headset for my Xbox. I keep seeing different headsets that use stereo, 5.1, 7.1, or Atmos/Sonic. Without actually trying all these out I’m not sure what they sound like and the differences. I currently use a px4 headset from turtle beach (with controller adapter) for my Xbox one. For a new headset though, I have no idea where to start as I haven’t shopped for one in a while. The games I play most are FPS such as rainbow six siege, titanfall 2, and battlefield 4/1. I would prefer to stay wireless but I’m not sure that’ll be an option at my price point. I don’t want to break the bank either. I’m looking probably no more than $150(before tax) for a new headset. Thoughts and ideas would be very helpful!

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
If you want 7.1 Audio on a budget then I highly recommend the Razer Electra V2-7.1 Surround Sound Digital they are sub $50 on Amazon.com! (Make sure you get the 3.5mm version not the USB version!)

Personally I now use the Turtle Bead - Ear Force XO One Amplified headset they are 'only stereo' but I find the comfort and sound quality better and the mic monitor (allows you to hear yourself back through headset) means you dont speak as loud and if feels more natural.