New Xigmatek Super Case

ares1214

Splendid
So every week or so i visit Jonny Guru to see new PSU's and whatnot, but to my surprise he actually reviewed a case! The cases name was the Xigmatek Elysium. I saw that it was called a "super tower" read the review, thought the case was amazing, read/watched more reviews, and thought this case was the best on the market. Read/watch for yourself:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=233

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1158/pg1/xigmatek-elysium-super-tower-case-review-introduction.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJB7AHmumXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICPvEjUDgz0

elysium-fp5b.jpg

For those of you who dont feel like spending the time to read and watch, well Ill sum up the basic features:
■ Massive, a little bigger than 9x24x26 (WxHxD)
■10 expansion slots!!!!! Finally!
■Specifically built for the SR-2, and has dual CPU cutouts in the back for it, however can fit just about every possible motherboard-HPTX, XL-ATX, E-ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, ITX
■ The usual bottom mounted PSU, but also a space for a top mounted, or just a fan at the top rear.
■ You can basically fit 2 120mm or 1 200mm on the bottom, and extra 2 200mm on the top, or 4 120mm, so this thing has enough fans to cool anything id say, depending on the quality of the fan.
■Watercooling on this thing seems to be amazing, theres room for 2 radiators of i believe 360mm size, and with some modding you could do 3 (top, front, bottom), but who really even needs that many :lol:
■2 USB 3.0, and all the other usual connections
■12 5.25" drive bays with 2 sleds in the bottom for a possible 8 hard drives (4 in 3 sleds i believe) and then still 6 5.25" left.
■All vents have Lian Li like mesh dust filters.
■A full inch behind the motherboard for cable management, along with a very nice cable management setup:

elysium-fp9b.jpg

■Option for either windowed side panel or non windowed.
■Best part, ONLY COSTS $200!!!!!! :eek: :ouch: :pt1cable:

I mean i dont know about you guys, but im extremely excited for this. This makes the HAF X look like a childs toy for the same price, and costs about half a Lian Li equivalent. Even build quality seems very nice from the reviews.

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Whoa, that looks pretty smexy, I'm getting the Xigmatek Asgard Myself.
I have a feeling this is going to be the High-end version of the Xigmatek Asgard, the best case for Value.

ares1214

Splendid

Id actually agree with you a bit on that one there, Asgard is a fantastic value, right up there with the CM 690 II. Best is opinion, but its a very nice case. However its actually the exact opposite according to rumours. This is not the Asgard scaled up. People are saying that this will be scaled down, and I can see a lot of ways they could, and then the scaled down version will be more mid range. I can see a lot of places to scale down though, such as not building this specifically for the SR-2, so not having extra cutout, not supporting HPTX, making it a bit smaller, taking off the top mounted PSU slot, no window. This could be down to HAF prices pretty easily after all that.

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Ikr, looks like the Alienware Aurora case had a baby.
On a side note, when I get the Asgard, I'll be getting a another couple of 120mm fans, one of which will be a blue LED fan which I will put at the front.

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
The elysium case look pretty awesome. I only have a few comments/gripes:

1) It's enormous! Unless you're using the evga sr2 platform, no one needs that much room. If they could make a regular full tower version, for those of us with single CPU motherboards that would be great.

2) The fan area behind the top panel is sunk, if they put some sort of cover over top, like in the 600t to smooth out the lines, you could mount the fans outside the case but still keep a clean look.

3) Still not using internal USB 3 headers :(

But the pluses on this thing are incredible:
Room for a 420 (140x3) radiator on top!!
Great cable management
Tons of HD room (similar design to the antec 900, 902, 1200 series of cases)
Price!

So if Xigmatek is reading this... make me a happy guy and make a version for regular motherboards :)

ares1214

Splendid

I agree, and like i said there are rumours of a smaller, non-SR2 one coming after this. My guess is around $150. And for #2 i was thinking the exact same thing, maybe make the top look more like the TJ11, as in rounded and then goes down, instead of the more boxy Lian Li approach. It could also let you do some other crazy thing, like push/pull radiator, and top fans :lol: #3 isnt that big of a deal since nobody really has them yet and therefore not really the cases fault.

TRENDING THREADS