Aug 26, 2020
Just bought a y540 gaming laptop, 1660ti - 9750h - 16gb ram running 2666 dual c - 60hz screen - 256ssd & 1tb hdd model. On every single game i launch it stutters, even with capped 60 fps & vsync on or off ( regular frametime spikes - mostly when moving in game). Afterburner shows cpu/gpu having stable looking clocks, only frametime spikes are the anomaly - Also accompanied by 60fps briefly dipping to 57/58 fps for a split second, and they arent really present when standing still in games. (Stutter in games like monster hunter world, sr3 remastered, divinity, skyrim, re3, etc)

There are many similar threads unanswered so i was wondering if anyone had ideas as to why this is or any new fixes/suggestions? Im definitely not thermal throttling (temp low 60s usually) and its somehow present on a brand new laptop...( will post msi afterburner screenshot when i can)

Here are a few of the many fixes ive tried:
Reinstall windows
DDU gpu drivers/update
New/old bios versions
Disabling win game mode
Undervolting
High performance mode
A bunch of commands like disabling dynamic tick

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Aug 26, 2020
get on the ssd or hdd?

thanks for the reply, i've tried both but to the same result (stutter)

- the strangest factor to me is that it mostly occurs when moving/strafing or turning the camera, initially i believed it to be a hard drive access latency/stutter for loading assets but the same result occurs on the ssd, then i thought it was a mouse issue but its even worse looking with a controller, so im kinda at a dead end.

Any new suggestions or links would be really appreciated