New Z270 Asrock Killer SLI / ac turns blue then blinks red when I plug it in

santasquid

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I replaced my motherboard, processor, and ram for the first time. When I plug it in the chipset will turn blue and then start blinking red after a couple of seconds. This is all without me even pushing the power button. I tried putting both of my ram sticks in the b2 slot one at a time to rule out that my ram is defective. I have previously started up the computer with both my ram sticks not in all the way; So I was wondering if it's possible that that would have fried both my ram sticks. Another thing I suspect is that the standoffs on my motherboard are uneven. I noticed that my two lowest standoffs aren't in line with my other 4; So I just didn't tighten the two bottom screws all the way to avoid bending my motherboard. I also tried the battery trick twice with no luck. When I power it on the components seem to turn on but there's no display

Here's my build:
Noctua NH-L9i 92mm SSO2 CPU Cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170
ASRock Z270 KILLER SLI/AC LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel
Intel i5-7600k processor

then I have a couple of older parts
a Corsair GS600
My Harddrive says Hitachi Sata 3.0 gb/s
Im not sure what disk drive or case I have