Question New z790 asus maximus rog hero modernwarfare 2 crashes

There are a LOT of people having problems with MW2, not just you.

There are a few things YOU can do first, before attempting any of the fixes found in that and other articles across the web.

First, make sure you have the latest stable motherboard BIOS version installed. If you don't update.

Second, do a clean install of your graphics card drivers to the latest version using the Display driver uninstaller (DDU).

Third, download and install all of the following drivers (Even if you think a particular driver isn't relevant to the problem, install it anyhow. All drivers are potentially relevant, to all problems), unless you know for a fact you've already gone to the product page for your motherboard and done this.

If you have Armory crate installed, I recommend that you uninstall it and restart the system before installing these drivers, and then do not put Armory crate back on the system. It's a POS that causes far more problems than it solves.

Intel Gigabit ethernet driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ernet_Driver_V1.1.3.28_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Intel WiFi driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...-Fi_Driver_V22.150.0.3_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Intel Z790 chipset driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ial_IO_V30.100.2221.20_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Realtek audio driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._CNT_DTSP_TP_W11_64_V6396002342_20221013R.zip

Intel Bluetooth driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...oth_Driver_V22.150.0.6_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Intel Thunderbolt driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...lt_Driver_V1.41.1335.0_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Nov 16, 2022
hi i dont have armory crate installed i have downloaded all driver from asus motherboard support section ive reinstalled nvida graphics drivers some other games are working sometimes they crash tho mw2 is the only one i cant start up i tried scan and repair then it started i got to the menu then it crashed and now i cant start it up at all again ive also updated me version and updated the bios twice there are only 2 bios updates aviable at the moment

Nov 16, 2022
i have a corsair rm 750watt I913900k SSd 1tb bios version 0703 after mw2 updated it loaded and said somthing about clearing cache i did that now its working fine my pc kept randomly blue screen so i put ram in dim 1 and dim 3 but now if i put the frequency to 4800 or above it wont post i have the 32gb dominator ram which is 6000mhz

Those are the wrong DIMM slots. You need to put them BACK into the A2 and B2 slots. If the memory doesn't work properly in the A2 and B2 slots then you have a hardware issue like bent pins on the CPU socket, incompatible memory kit, old BIOS version or bad memory.

Put the memory back in the A2 and B2 slots then do a hard reset.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for about three to five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes while the CMOS battery is out of the motherboard, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 15-30 seconds, in order to deplete any residual charge that might be present in the CMOS circuit. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the BIOS to fully reset and force recreation of the hardware tables.

Nov 16, 2022
its in m.2 1 slot ive dissabled sata controller which is giving me higher write and read speeds when i benchmark test yet windows is not starting up any faster than it did with a standard ssd shows up fine in bios now after reinstalling with only the nvme drive connected

Actual drive speeds are almost never, regardless of drive model, what the advertised specs state. Those specs are assuming a clean OS with nothing installed and only a single very large sequential file transfer. Regardless, has very little to do with actual boot times.

Can't imagine an extra 4 or 5 seconds to boot ruining anybody's day anyhow, because how often are you actually booting the system anyway, but there are a couple of things you can do if it really tweaks your backside.

For one, in the BIOS you can disable full initialization of USB and opt for partial initialization. That will speed things up to the desktop by a small amount. Only keyboard and mouse will be loaded into memory during boot with remaining USB devices waiting to be initialized once you've booted to the desktop.

Another thing you can do, on many boards, is disable memory training. Unless you change your memory configuration often or are having memory configuration problems there is generally no need for the memory configuration to re-train at every boot and this takes a significant amount of time but not all boards have this setting. If they do it will generally be found in the advanced memory section of the BIOS and will be called either "memory fast boot" (Not to be confused with "fast boot" settings found elsewhere in the BIOS) or something similar. For ASUS boards it is generally called "MRC fast boot". Once a stable memory configuration has been trained by the board once, it is typically no longer necessary for additional training to be necessary so enabling MRC fast boot will somewhat speed the boot process.

Did you do a clean install of Windows when you built this system or did you clone your old Windows installation to the new drive?

You shouldn't need to disable anything in the BIOS. That board does not require any SATA headers to be disabled when using M.2 ports. I would enable them if for no other reason than because it clearly did not fix the problem, besides which, it could not even have an effect on the M.2 slots.

Check your BIOS. That M.2 slot supports PCIe 5.0 mode but since your drive is PCIe 4.0, maybe there is an independent setting for the mode. Usually there is simply auto configuration but might be worth it to check. Otherwise, I'd say it's a drive issue. Try it in the other M.2 slots to see if you have the same issue.

Nov 16, 2022
Same with other m2 slots there nvme configuration in bios its grayed out tho also the m2.1 m2.1 linke speed setting i put on gen4 but says not present yet since i reinstalled the bios does see the nvme cause it lets me boot from it

So, I'm not seeing much that could have any effect from the BIOS on the speed of that drive aside from disabling the SATA mode setting for the M.2_1 slot and under the "Onboard devices configuration" settings on the "Advanced" tab, make sure that M.2 is set to PCIe and not to Auto or SATA.

Also, on the Boot menu tab, under CSM, make sure CSM is disabled (Unless you have legacy devices attached, which you probably don't unless you have a very old graphics card or other add in PCIe card that requires legacy support.

If none of this helps things beyond what you've already seen, then I'd say the problem is drive related.

Nov 16, 2022
Thers is option under advanced board devices pcie bandwidth bifucation config which can be on auto or X8/X8 there only m.2_3 config which was auto i changed now to pcie but im using m.2 1 slot on rog hyper m.2 card what shoud pciex16 g4 config be its on pciex4 add on card