Question Newb Fan Header question

ValhallaOutcast

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
on my mother board I have a CPU fan , AIO Fan and CHA FAN header, are these all the same in theory ? if my AIO is plugged into the AIO header can case fans go to the CPU and CHA headers or is CPU only for CPU air coolers?

on my mother board I have a CPU fan , AIO Fan and CHA FAN header, are these all the same in theory ? if my AIO is plugged into the AIO header can case fans go to the CPU and CHA headers or is CPU only for CPU air coolers?
CPU_fan header is controled by CPU temperature, that's perfect for radiator fans.
CHA_fan(s) are regulated by one or more temperature sensors on the MB or eventually Chipset. Good for case fans.
AIO_fan/Pump header usually has no speed regulation, should be used for pump with AiOs that have no own regulation as such coolers are meant to run pump at full speed all the time.

ValhallaOutcast

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
CPU_fan header is controled by CPU temperature, that's perfect for radiator fans.
CHA_fan(s) are regulated by one or more temperature sensors on the MB or eventually Chipset. Good for case fans.
AIO_fan/Pump header usually has no speed regulation, should be used for pump with AiOs that have no own regulation as such coolers are meant to run pump at full speed all the time.

Thanks for that explanation