[SOLVED] (NEWB) how to set graphics card as primary when booting up my custom PC?

Sep 17, 2019
I know there's probably a very simple fix to this but I'm just too stupid to see it. I just got a graphics card for the first time after using integrated graphics for a while. It works, but its super annoying how I'm getting it to work every time I boot up my pc. I bought an RX 570 RS 8gb, so instinctively i installed the drivers and software, opened AMD settings on my desktop and chose display, then i unplugged the hdmi connected to my monitor from the integrated graphics, to the graphics card... it worked! But then it wasnt showing signal when i tried to boot up my pc later that day. I turned it off, plugged the hdmi back to integrated graphics, booted it back up, and it showed display. So i was then able to get my graphics card to display manually via that first process i mentioned. I have to be plugged into my integrated graphics EVERY boot up, just to then go in the back of my whole setup and switch hmdi slots..... What am I doing wrong to where my pc isn't using my graphics card when it boots up??

Solution
You need to log into BIOS and set as primary the dedicated card and not the integrated graphics. You can also fully disable the integrated but I don't suggest it as I find it useful to stay enabled when I need to test if the GPU I have works .
You need to log into BIOS and set as primary the dedicated card and not the integrated graphics. You can also fully disable the integrated but I don't suggest it as I find it useful to stay enabled when I need to test if the GPU I have works .

Solution