newbie and cantenna

Is the cantenna a receiving and transmitting device?
My PC wifi card has a detachable antenna but my pda has only an internal
antenna.
What methods are available for coupling the signal to an internal antenna?

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:31:59 -0500, Donald Duquet
<dsduquet@nethere.com> wrote:

>Is the cantenna a receiving and transmitting device?

Yes. It acts as both a transmitting and receiving antenna.

>My PC wifi card has a detachable antenna but my pda has only an internal
>antenna.

Is there some reason you didn't disclose the manufacturers and model
numbers?

>What methods are available for coupling the signal to an internal antenna?

That's kinda difficult to answer because we have no clue what PDA
you're using. Some have internal u-FL connectors but will require
drilling a hole to extract the coax. The ones with CF card radios,
have the radio externally available. If it has a projecting bulge for
the antenna, it can be drilled and a coax pigtail connected. Are you
sure you wanna do this?

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558