I've just built my first system (have owned&upgraded dell&gateway ones before):
Abit KT7A-RAID
1Gz Athlon
IBM 46Gb 75GXP
Hercules GeForceII 64
basic DVD drive (no-name)
320Mb RAM
330W Enermax PSU

I have installed the drivers that came with the GeForce, and the motherboard drivers (from the install CD).
When I run 3D games (QuakeIII, X-Beyond the Frontier) some textures are corrupted, and there are intermittent graphical artefacts on the screen. This also happens with some of the demos that came with the card.
When I run Deus Ex, it runs EXTREMELY slowly, and there are some missing ploygons.

Is this a simple case of old drivers (e.g. get updated D3D drivers for DeusEx, get updated OpenGL drivers for card, get update general driers for card?) or is there something else I should look at? I've seen the sections on geforcefaq.com about QIII, but this seems to be a more general problem than that.

Any info appreciated, thanks,

Donncha

G

(replying to my own post rather than start a new thread)
I have installed the driers from the Hercules site (532 and 635) as well as Nvidia's own Detonator 3, and the 711 drivers from reactorcritical.com. No luck so far, QuakeIII still has bad graphics flickering. I have seen the questions on geforcefaq.com about this but they don't seem to fix it. I haven't tried any of the 'hardware' solutions yet. What I was wondering was - has anybody else here got a similar motherboard/video setup to mine, and if so, what driver set did you use? (The video BIOS is up-to-date with the latest Herc drivers)

I think I had it very nearly working ok with one of the driver sets (prob. Det3). Deus Ex works okay apart from some missing polygons (haven't installed the Direct3D patch for it yet, that might fix that). I also used GLSetup (online version) but still no good.

My setup:
KT7A-RAID
320Mb RAM
330W PSU
Hercules Prophet II GTS (GeForce II GTS, 64Mb DDRAM)
DirectX 7
(Haven't done anything with motherbaord BIOS yet, am reluctant to do so till everything else is tried)
Any suggestions welcome, thank you. Examples of working setups from others would be most appreciated (i.e. what did you do to gets yours working)

Thanks,

Donncha

Raistlin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
For flickering in q3 turn ON vertical sync in drivers
also can futz with the opengl settings
i use the 6.5 det drivers from www.guru3d.com
works good for me
might want to change to standard pci card drivers first THEN change to new drivers

Bored,Certified Tech

ohh you can also check out the q3 settings
resolution trileniar bilinear etc(no spelling skills biteme)

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
There was a documented problem between the Hercules Prophet II and the original KT7(-RAID) motherboards but it applied to only some cards with the serial numbers beginning 5058430 and your problem is different.

Still you might want to read about it at Paul's Unofficial KT7 FAQ, http://www.icrontic.com/faqs/kt7faq/kt7faq.htm.

Look in the Graphics Cards section.