Newbie Druid vs. Diablo

Hello all,

Facing Diablo in Normal, single player, as a druid (lvl 27), and keep
getting smooshed...

Character heavy in summoning and werewolf, any suggestions on strategy??

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:37:11 +0000, Mutabilis wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Facing Diablo in Normal, single player, as a druid (lvl 27), and keep
> getting smooshed...
>
> Character heavy in summoning and werewolf, any suggestions on strategy??

Norm level Diablo is actually the toughest boss for me when I
play a Werewolf. The reason is that I get to him at around
lvl 24-28, haven't started putting points in main attack
skill (Fury) yet, only have 1 pt. in Feral Rage, and, in my
case, only a few points in WW so not enough AR to hit him
reliably. So my strategy is like this:
1) don't bother resurrecting a merc - they die too quickly
2) only cast wolf, vine, raven pets prior to meeting the
healer in town, because they also die too quickly to be
of significant use.
3) do recast Oak Sage or HoW if it is high level after it dies.
4) continuously drink potions and tp back to town before they
run out.
5) repeat the above until Diablo is dead.

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

Mutabilis wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Facing Diablo in Normal, single player, as a druid (lvl 27), and keep
> getting smooshed...
>
> Character heavy in summoning and werewolf, any suggestions on strategy??

Get a good 2H weapon, a maul is good. Make sure your resist fire and
resist lightning are maxed. Reduction in magical damage is good to.
Cannot Be Frozen will make things a lot easier, if you can get it.

Hit and run will probably be your best option, especially if you don't
have Cannot Be Frozen, just be sure to have a good supply of purple
potions in case you get caught in the big D's lightning breath.
And if you need a TP be sure to cast it near the seals. Otherwise you'll
end up inside a Bone Prison with Diablo breathing down your neck. And He
has a terrible case of halitosis.

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Watchman wrote:
> Mutabilis wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>Facing Diablo in Normal, single player, as a druid (lvl 27), and keep
>>getting smooshed...
>>
>>Character heavy in summoning and werewolf, any suggestions on strategy??
>

> Get a good 2H weapon, a maul is good. Make sure your resist fire and
> resist lightning are maxed. Reduction in magical damage is good to.
> Cannot Be Frozen will make things a lot easier, if you can get it.
>
> Hit and run will probably be your best option, especially if you don't
> have Cannot Be Frozen, just be sure to have a good supply of purple
> potions in case you get caught in the big D's lightning breath.
> And if you need a TP be sure to cast it near the seals. Otherwise you'll
> end up inside a Bone Prison with Diablo breathing down your neck. And He
> has a terrible case of halitosis.
>
> Watchman :)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Last2Know wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:37:11 +0000, Mutabilis wrote:
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>Facing Diablo in Normal, single player, as a druid (lvl 27), and keep
>>getting smooshed...
>>
>>Character heavy in summoning and werewolf, any suggestions on strategy??
>

> Norm level Diablo is actually the toughest boss for me when I
> play a Werewolf. The reason is that I get to him at around
> lvl 24-28, haven't started putting points in main attack
> skill (Fury) yet, only have 1 pt. in Feral Rage, and, in my
> case, only a few points in WW so not enough AR to hit him
> reliably. So my strategy is like this:
> 1) don't bother resurrecting a merc - they die too quickly
> 2) only cast wolf, vine, raven pets prior to meeting the
> healer in town, because they also die too quickly to be
> of significant use.
> 3) do recast Oak Sage or HoW if it is high level after it dies.
> 4) continuously drink potions and tp back to town before they
> run out.
> 5) repeat the above until Diablo is dead.

Thanks for the suggestions!

TRENDING THREADS