Just bought the first x-box for the husband and family and looking for
good game suggestions, esp. for a 2-player game. Can anyone suggest
some of their favorites?

Thanks

sp

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

<ro222000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Just bought the first x-box for the husband and family and looking for
> good game suggestions, esp. for a 2-player game. Can anyone suggest
> some of their favorites?

What sort of games do you enjoy?

Followup: we enjoy a wide range of games - action, rpg, driving (though
this'll have to wait until we buy a racing wheel to go with the x-box,
I assume...) I do get a bit bored with first-person shooters, but
wouldn't rule one out if it was creative enough, and not mere blood-gut
explosions...

Thanks for the Q and any suggestions!

sp

Jordan

There are a lot of Gauntlet style 2-player "rpgs". Ok, they aren't
really RPGs, but they have equipment and leveling up, etc.

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Hunter: The Reckoning
Hunterl: The Reckoning - Redeemer
X-Men Legends
Gauntlet Legends

The style of play can grow tiresome over time, but it's hard to beat
for 2 player fun.

- Jordan

> Followup: we enjoy a wide range of games - action, rpg, driving (though
> this'll have to wait until we buy a racing wheel to go with the x-box,
> I assume...) I do get a bit bored with first-person shooters, but
> wouldn't rule one out if it was creative enough, and not mere blood-gut
> explosions...
>
> Thanks for the Q and any suggestions!
>
> sp

Voodoo Vince (platform game - VERY fun - might be hard to find, but if you
can, it will still only be 10 or 15 dollars)

Psychonauts (action/platform game - SUPER fun and funny and spooky in
places - worth twice what ever you will find it for)

Otogi (1 and 2) (action/adventure games - Super fun - very hard - just cool
every where)

Although not great games, both Buffy the Vampire Slayer games are fun.

> There are a lot of Gauntlet style 2-player "rpgs". Ok, they aren't
> really RPGs, but they have equipment and leveling up, etc.
>
> Baldur's Gate
> Baldur's Gate 2
> Hunter: The Reckoning
> Hunterl: The Reckoning - Redeemer
> X-Men Legends
> Gauntlet Legends
>
> The style of play can grow tiresome over time, but it's hard to beat
> for 2 player fun.
>
> - Jordan

Just to clairify:

Gauntlet Legends was the one for the PS1 and N64, Gauntlet Dark Legacy is
the one on the PS2, Gamecube and XBOX. Nit-Pick I know, but ...

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

In article <1125792182.328702.208990@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, ro222000@yahoo.com wrote:
>Followup: we enjoy a wide range of games - action, rpg, driving (though
>this'll have to wait until we buy a racing wheel to go with the x-box,
>I assume...) I do get a bit bored with first-person shooters, but
>wouldn't rule one out if it was creative enough, and not mere blood-gut
>explosions...

I assume you know the usual suspects? Also gamerankings.com where
you can see the favorites for each platform and each genre? Just in
case not, I'll list some of the obviouse ones, of which I have
most...

Halo - no brainer. I'm not the world's biggest fan of FPS's myself,
but this one is worth it just for the mood it sets (through music,
visuals, sound fx).

Halo 2 - actually haven't played this one. Wait till you play the
original

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ("KOTOR") - if you are into
SW, or RPG's, this is equally a no brainer. A terrific game!

SW: KOTOR 2 - more of the same, but it is a big letdown at the end.
Don't get it till you play the original.

Project Gotham Racing 2 - a pretty, fun, and passably realistic
(part arcade/part sim) racing game. Get it, don't wait till you
have a wheel!

Forza - more sim than PGR2. Not as fun for some. But I'm a simmer,
so I far prefer it to PGR2 (which I still very much like). But
YMMV.

Burnout 3 is supposed to be a great action racing game. And
available for $20 now. But not my kind of thing, so I don't have
it.

Soul Caliber 2 - This is supposed to be about the best pure fighter
on the XBOX. I just picked it up for $10. But I dunno, guess it
just isn't my thing.

Hope these meager offerings help ...

> Followup: we enjoy a wide range of games - action, rpg, driving (though
> this'll have to wait until we buy a racing wheel to go with the x-box,
> I assume...) I do get a bit bored with first-person shooters, but
> wouldn't rule one out if it was creative enough, and not mere blood-gut
> explosions...
>
> Thanks for the Q and any suggestions!

Fahrenheit is out next week. If you are in North America its called Indigo
Prophecy. Some tout it to be game of the year. Its an adventure game 3rd
person. The game starts off with you killing somebody. You have to quickly
decide whether to run away, clean yourself up or do a few other things
before the police arrive. You play the person on the run from the police.
You also play the police trying to hunt yourself down.
Its described by many as an interactive novel and plays a bit like a movie
with shades of the series 24. Ultimately your decisions in the game change
the way the game plays with different paths to take.

RPGs to try are Jade Empire, Star wars Knights of the old republic 1 and 2
(also known as kotor).

Driving - Burnout 3, Burnout Revenge is out next week.

Driving/action - Had to include the Grand theft auto games - GTA3, Vice
city, San andreas.

Something a little lighter for the kids? Well hows about Super Monkey Ball
deluxe? single or multiplayer game. You are monkeys in balls. You have to
guide round courses within a time limit. Also loads of minigames like
bowling and football. Fun for all ages.

Thats just a few of my recommendations to keep you going for a while.

<ro222000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Just bought the first x-box for the husband and family and looking for
> good game suggestions, esp. for a 2-player game. Can anyone suggest
> some of their favorites?

2-player (or more, can also play alone if you want):

Dungeons and Dragons: Heros
Halo/Halo2
Dai Senryaku (military turn-based strategy game)
Fuzion Frenzy
ChessMaster (awesome tutorial - an entire school basically)

1-player/on-line:

Crimson Skies
MechAssault
CounterStrike