[SOLVED] Newbie here need some help: regards to my motherboard h310m pro-vd plus (ms-7c13)

Oct 17, 2020
I would like to buy a new ssd for my unit but I don't have enough knowledge regards to system unit because I only bought my system unit with the help of my previous friend. and now I want to upgrade my main storage into 2tb ssd I want to know if my motherboard supports this SSD adata Xpg sx8200 for m.2 nvme TIA

Solution
The drive you mentioned is an m.2 drive and your doesn't have an m.2 slot. You can either buy a PCI-E SSD if you wish to achieve same levels of performance or you can get a SATA SSD which would be cheaper but slower too.

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
The drive you mentioned is an m.2 drive and your doesn't have an m.2 slot. You can either buy a PCI-E SSD if you wish to achieve same levels of performance or you can get a SATA SSD which would be cheaper but slower too.

Reactions: Soichi
Solution
Sep 25, 2020
dont hate on me for saying this but ltt tested the difference between m.2 a pcie storage and a sata3 ssd and they all perform differently doing different things i doesnt have link currently sorry

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
dont hate on me for saying this but ltt tested the difference between m.2 a pcie storage and a sata3 ssd and they all perform differently doing different things i doesnt have link currently sorry
Yes, they do. No one will hate you for what you said can be true in many scenarios. The thing is, will the performance difference between PCI-E and
an NVME SSD really matter to you? That is what you need to answer. If not, then you can get a PCI-E SSD. Else, you're looking at an entirely new motherboard because H110 doesn't seem to support NVME.

Reactions: Soichi
Oct 17, 2020
This what currently installed in my desktop right now Hikvision HS SSD C100 240G and it was connected using Sata 2.5 I want to replace it with higher capacity around 2 TB

Oct 17, 2020
base on searching with google to suit my budget samsung evo 860 2tb ssd sata 2.5 or wd blue 3d nand sata 2.5 ssd 22b or wd green 3d nand sata 2.5 ssd 22b I am into video editing and heavy games