Newbie looking for help on going from Mini DV to DVD Format

Hi All,

First off let me admit I have not worked much with video editing other than
putting together some SVCDs from some video shot on my digital camera.

I purchased a Mini DV camcorder and want to convert the video to DVD as
quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, the Windows Movie Maker (and other software I have tried)
converts the files via firewire to AVI format. I then have been converting
them to MPEG-2 using TMGENC. I then use SVCD2DVD to convert them to DVD
format and finally use NERO to burn the video to a DVD.

There has got to be a quicker and more direct way!!!

Thanks,
FF

I have a perl script for Linux that will do all those steps in a single
transaction: capture, transcode, author, and burn in one (kind of long)
step.

dv2dvd --capture --burn

--
remove .spam from address to reply by e-mail.

James,

I don't have a Linux box at the moment. However, I did manage to convert
800MB of video to DVD in about 5 minutes using Windows Movie Maker to
transfer the data, CCE to convert the AVI to MPEG2 and then IfoEdit to put
it DVD format.

I admit it isn't the greatest process on earth but much quicker than before.
FF