[SOLVED] Newbie Overclocker R5 3600 OCto 4.2 at 1.1v !!! or am I that bad at OC???????

Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone .... I'm a newbie at OC and I played around with it for a while and today I just opened Ryzen master (I have R5 3600 btw) and I just moved the slider to 4.2 and left the (core voltage) slider at 1.1v in the Basic Mode of the Ryzen Master.
but I'm just worried cuz when I went to the advance mode it showed both peak and average core voltages at 1.09999-1.1 but the VDDR SOC at 1.363 static !! note that I ran a Cinebench (windows store version) and the ryzen stress testand passed with ease!!
my RAM is OC to 3200 even tho they are 3600 rated ones but I couldn't push them more with XMP .... my question is ... sis I win the lottery or I'm I burning my CPU ???? pics below I gamed on it with Fortnite and COD and I faced no problem at all !!
I only changed the multiplier in the bios to 40 and then added 200 in ryzen master the other stuff are at auto in bios but Peak Core voltage in RM is set to 1.1v but my problem is with the VDDR stuff I don't understand

Specs:
Tuf B450m-pro Gaming
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB 3133Mhz Ram
AMD 5700XT
Cooler Master Air Cooler
650w PSU
Bios 2006

idle temp of cpu is 40-50 C

View: https://imgur.com/oMYGe6J

View: https://imgur.com/7k5ffrj

Last edited:
Solution
I wouldn't consider it a stable oc until it could Pass a mixture of Aida64, P95, Asus Realbench for 8-10 hrs each with no temp issues or errors.
Cinebench r20 multiple runs by setting
In preferences the time to run set to 900sec and Cb r23 for several runs which runs longer testing your thermals along the way.
Then any good long gaming session.
If no problems then it's Good.

stanley88845

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
4.2ghz at 1.1v is a very low voltage with it being stable, most ryzen 3600's need to be at around 1.33v. This is great though! You could always try pushing your chip to 4.3ghz or 4.4ghz. And you most certainly are not burning out your cpu, it is well within spec. However, you VDDR SOC at 1.363v is quite high, while AMD hasn't released anything official on maximum voltage for it, it is recommended to stick in-between 1.2-1.25v. But VDDR SOC doesn't help with cpu overclocking too much, so if you can reduce it, please do.

I wouldn't consider it a stable oc until it could Pass a mixture of Aida64, P95, Asus Realbench for 8-10 hrs each with no temp issues or errors.
Cinebench r20 multiple runs by setting
In preferences the time to run set to 900sec and Cb r23 for several runs which runs longer testing your thermals along the way.
Then any good long gaming session.
If no problems then it's Good.

Solution