Newbie PC Gamer GTAV, FX9590, GTX1080ti low fps

Aug 30, 2018
Hi All,

I'm new to PC gaming and its my first ever post on Toms!

I bought this game back in 2016 as I loved playing GTASA on my PS2 and got back into gaming.

When I bought the game I was playing on a low spec PC and over time I built a dedicated gaming PC for it!

It has been a learning curve as it was my first ever build and have learnt a lot by doing so.

After a year of messing around with the hardware I am now giving up and looking for help!

No matter what I do and what settings I choose I am only getting around 20 to 35fps during game play. whether it is 600x800, 1080 or running at 4k the fps stays around the same mark.

I've done the usual checks and set up:
Drivers up to date
Fresh install of the game (non steam game)
I have set the machine to run performance rather than economy
Close other programs while playing
All Hardware connections seem tight
Enough air ventilation

Here is my machine spec:
AMD FX9590 Eight Core 4.7GHz CPU
Water cooling system
MSI 990FXA Gaming Mobo
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram DDR3 1866MHz
MSI GTX 1080ti
Corsiar CX750M PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS
Game is installed on a SSD
4k 55inch Sony LED TV

Riva Tuner in game stats:
32fps
CPU Temp: 43C (degrees Celsius)
CPU Usage: 65%
RAM Usage: 7768MB
GPU Temp: 46C
GPU Usage: 31%
MEM Usage: 4151MB

In Game GFX settings
Video Memory 2918MB used out of 11263MB
Resolution 2560 x 1440
FXAA On
MSAA Off
VSync on/off
All other settings on high or ultra

I would have expected the game to run at a decent fps with these settings based on the hardware I have invested in?

Can anyone help advise in what I have doing wrong. I spend more time trying to configure then actually play the game - I'm getting into a stage to to sell the rig and look to go onto console. :eek:(

To reiterate please with me as I am new to all this and still learning all the tech talk!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Anticipating PC gamer!

Solution
your cpu old but you still should be able to easily get over 60fps. Your cpu may be throttling.
Download cpuz and check if your cpu runs at full speed at load or not. if it does run at full speed then do below thing

Download hwinfo64 and start its sensor logging and then run game for few minutes, and then check that log file to see what was your clock speed during gaming
if it was always at full speed or not.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
your cpu old but you still should be able to easily get over 60fps. Your cpu may be throttling.
Download cpuz and check if your cpu runs at full speed at load or not. if it does run at full speed then do below thing

Download hwinfo64 and start its sensor logging and then run game for few minutes, and then check that log file to see what was your clock speed during gaming
if it was always at full speed or not.

Solution