newbie question--sharing hardware

Sam

Hi

Is there any way that you can share your hardware.

you can share a printer on the network right. Is it possible to share the
scanner (installed on a different machine on the same network)

Regards

Sam

Technically it's possible using 3rd party software. A very hot discussion
about its benefits and disadvantages arises and fades once a year.

Sam

Hi

Jetro & Xfile u say that it can be shared --- How???

Jetro u also mentioned that there is a third party software---???

sam

u mentioned that there is third party software
"Sam" <kabir_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_vsnl.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is there any way that you can share your hardware.
>
> you can share a printer on the network right. Is it possible to share the
> scanner (installed on a different machine on the same network)
>
> Regards
>
> Sam

If the scanner manufacturer doesn't provide the OEM software, simple Google
search provides a lot of links.
It's hard to have a dedicated workstation for the scanner and other rarely
used equipment or tasks, but this is the best approach. The hardware and
software shouldn't be a high-end one.

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi:

It is possible to share the scanner as the printer in the network.

Good luck and hope this will help.

--
Business executive who believes technology but don't want to be messed
around.

"Sam" <kabir_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_vsnl.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is there any way that you can share your hardware.
>
> you can share a printer on the network right. Is it possible to share the
> scanner (installed on a different machine on the same network)
>
> Regards
>
> Sam

Sam

thanks

> Hi
>
> Jetro & Xfile u say that it can be shared --- How???
>
> Jetro u also mentioned that there is a third party software---???
>
> sam
>
> u mentioned that there is third party software
> "Sam" <kabir_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_vsnl.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there any way that you can share your hardware.
>>
>> you can share a printer on the network right. Is it possible to share the
>> scanner (installed on a different machine on the same network)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Sam

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi:

We just bought a HP multifunctional printer with scanner, fax, and copier
with no problem for 5 users, I can give you the model name later as it is at
my home.

--
Business executive who believes technology but don't want to be messed
around.

"Sam" <k_a_b_i_r_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_v_s_n_l.c_o_m> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Jetro & Xfile u say that it can be shared --- How???
>
> Jetro u also mentioned that there is a third party software---???
>
> sam
>
> u mentioned that there is third party software
> "Sam" <kabir_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_vsnl.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there any way that you can share your hardware.
>>
>> you can share a printer on the network right. Is it possible to share the
>> scanner (installed on a different machine on the same network)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Sam

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi:

The model we purchased is HP PSC 2510, not a very high-end model, but
sufficient for home use.

Hope this will help.

--
Business executive who believes technology but don't want to be messed
around.

"Sam" <k_a_b_i_r_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_v_s_n_l.c_o_m> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Jetro & Xfile u say that it can be shared --- How???
>
> Jetro u also mentioned that there is a third party software---???
>
> sam
>
> u mentioned that there is third party software
> "Sam" <kabir_a_t_t_h_e_r_a_t_e_vsnl.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there any way that you can share your hardware.
>>
>> you can share a printer on the network right. Is it possible to share the
>> scanner (installed on a different machine on the same network)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Sam

TRENDING THREADS