Question Newbie questions regarding True Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones with PC/Android/Smart TVs ?

Dylan Beckett

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
Hello

I've never used True Wireless Headphones and barely used any Bluetooth; and I have some questions I was hoping y'all could help with?

BTW I'm asking here as I know Win 11 quite often acts the same as Win 10 and there's more people likely to help in this forum ok.

My PC specs are in my sig and I have a Samsung A33 phone; a Sony X90H (same as Global X900H and X9000H); and a slightly different X95H Bravia (similar multiple code names thing).

If I want to listen to podcasts/music off my phone while walking around the house doing chores etc... I'd normally assume that I'd have to keep my phone in my pocket the whole time as I've heard Wireless Headphones can often unpair if moved more than a few metres(?) away from the phone?

However - is there another way to setup my home so that I don't need to do that... eg leave the phone in one room and roam around the house upstairs/downstairs (inside) somehow only needing access to the house WIFI?

Same question as above - but slightly different version of that instead relating to using my Win 11 PC instead (eg streaming via internet or playing music from mp3s directly off the PC HDD etc [I assume that would have to be via WIFI or Bluetooth in that case?)

Again - 3rd variant of the same question - instead relating to using my two similar Sony Bravia's listed above. Either listen by streaming LIVE TV/Terrestrial signal, or apps via the internet; or playing music from mp3s directly off the Smart TV Ext HDD etc [I assume that would have to be via WIFI or Bluetooth in that case?)

Please make sure to tell me which device you are referring to in answers ok (Phone, PC, TV).

So for example; If I want to do the dishes downstairs - I want to listen to a podcast from my PC upstairs.... or be able to go downstairs to make some dinner while continuing to listen to the evening news from LIVE TV or some music (streamed from an app or direct from Ext HDD) from the TV while I'm downstairs?

And something similar with leaving the Phone upstairs etc....

So can this stuff be done? Do I need some extra Hardware or software or is WIFI coverage in the house enough?
All those devices have Bluetooth already (all pretty new).

Could this cause my Headphones to become Unpaired if I walk to far away etc? I have no experience with pairing other than a Bluetooth guitar amp which you always sit right near?
Will I need some kind of Bluetooth Amplifier to make it cover the whole house upstairs/downstairs more like WIFI?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of or could try that might be useful to know?
Do's and Don'ts?

Thank you for your help .

Last edited:

Dylan Beckett

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
Hi @
kerberos_20

That was helpful to know but didn't mention anything about Bluetooth?

Anyone else got some info?

If possible; I'd really love to hear from someone who has already done something like what I'm trying to do?

Cheers

ASK THE COMMUNITY