Jul 6, 2020
Hi all, new to this forum and the world of pc gaming.

I recently built myself a gaming pc, the build itself went really well, followed youtube videos to help etc. Connected the pc up and its all working - Great!

Until.... I start playing a game or put the pc under some stress I just get a black screen, everything cuts off and the pc restarts!

I check the system log and I get errors, warning, criticals warnings etc etc, saying 'Fatal Hardware Error' . Source - WHEA logger. Event ID - 18

I've had this error 14 times in the last 3 days. Its starting to worry me that my PC is broken, and its also infuriating because whenever I try and fix the problem, or go to check if its resolved, It just happens AGAIN!

Can anyone shed a light on this please? I'm pulling my hair out here!

Specs are Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler), radeon XFX 5700 XT, MSI b450 tomahawk max, 16gb ddr4 ram, seasonic 650w 80+ gold psu, 1tb nvme, 1 tb hdd.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Solution
Install MSI Afterburner and monitor the temps on both CPU and GPU. There videos on Youtube explaining how to setup the layout check them for reference.
Jul 6, 2020
Are you overclocking?

Can you check temperatures and voltages?

Power down, unplug, open the case. Doublecheck that all cables, card, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Nope not overclocking, all standard. Everything is double checked and OK.
Temps may seem high on the cpu, fluctuates in idle between 40-60. Under stress goes up to around 80-90 before cutting off. Voltage i think is around 1.3 in bios? I havent touched or changed any of these settings!

Thanks