newegg.com sucks! where should i buy instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
i put about $3,000 down on new computer parts to build a new rig from scratch this past summer when the gtx 280 ftw came out in june. so far, of the parts i purchased from newegg.com, i've replaced my psu, ram, hard drive twice and i just found out today, that my blu-ray rom doesn't play audio cd's becaue something was constructed incorrectly with the laser. newegg.com has replaced the other parts by is now telling me tough schit about the blu-ray drive. i think i'm done with them as i sit and wait for my hard drive to fail a third time (each one makes it about six weeks).

Where can i spend my money instead? i purchased my gtx 280 ftw from tigerdirect.com, but that was only out of necessity as they were gone on newegg.com already when i saw they began selling the day before they were supposed to.

thanks.

Deathmark

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
none of thats newegg's fault. buy better quality parts, not off brand.

and read online reviews from review sites before you buy a part.

Wolfeman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I've been buying from Newegg for 5+ years and they are the best around. People always try to undercut their prices by $5-10 but its worth buying at Newegg because of their shipping speed and customer service. You can't blame them for a manufacturing problem...

CameronBoyd123

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
All of this is your fault. I've ordered 24 drives off newegg not has a single one been broken or DOA meaning your WAY too rough with stuff. It's not Newegg's fault if you bought a crappy Blu-Ray Drive in the first place. Maybe you should start using an anti-static wrist strap you tool, it sounds like you keep f*cking zapping your stuff.

mikeesq

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i bought an HP p2015 printer which would not work since it came out of the box. had my computer guy come out and look at it and he still could not get it to work - when it came time to returning it, newegg would not take it back because i did not have the orignal box and HP would not take it back. when i called HP they said that was not the case. someone has their facts wrong. i would never consider buying anything from this company again.., ever.
a horrible experience. worst experience i have ever had buying anything on line.

be careful of fake responses. do not buy from newegg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeesq

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

i would avoid newegg - i had the same/similar experience. it cost me more in time to try and remedy the situation.

mikeesq

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

my printer failed to work from day one - it was defective - they offered me a 50 dollar credit - i dont think they will last long in this economy.

billoreid

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I'm in the processing of getting the runaround from Newegg myself. Their service sucks and they've had my broken PSU hostage for two weeks now. Not to mention the time it takes to get there and back. Four weeks total. I'm going to use Microcenter from now on since I have a store close to me.

cielmerlion

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
Ive been buying from newegg for years as I build and fix computers. While Ive had one or two RMA's they have been handled well for the most part, and you cant beat their prices and shipping speed. They are usually one of the cheapest and I get everything I buy from the next day.

BTW, Zip Zoom Fly sucks, Ive had nothing but problems with with them, including excesively long shipping times and prices that are raised out from under me. As for tiger direct, if their website were more organized and friendly I would consider using them more often, but its a nightmare to navigate.

Stoobz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I don't know how Newegg can be beat using the reviews from this site. I have always done my research, bought quality components and never had a problem. (Of course, now that I've said that, my video card will go tits up.)

I'll continue buying from Newegg until something better comes along.

ekam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I purchased a copy of Office 2007 Pro the upgrade edition. It only contained disc 2, it was missing disc 1. I contacted Newegg on 2/9/09 to address the problem asking for a replacement copy. For two weeks I was avoided, told it was a Microsoft problem and they would look into it. After two weeks I involved the BBB, the company still took another 2 weeks before finally issuing an RMA, two weeks after that I finally received my replacement copy of office and it did have both discs even though Newegg repeatedly told me I was mistaken and it should only have one. See the frustrating emails from their representatives below. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Thats 6 WEEKS of a headache!

2/19/09
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Newegg.
We truly apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you. We are sorry but we have not received response from our support department at this time. We have sent a request again to request details. Please allow more time for us to process it.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Sabrina Su

2/23/09
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Newegg.
We truly apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you. Upon checking for you, we show that item # N82E16832116160 is upgrade version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. It is not the full professional version.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Sabrina Su

3/2/09
I apologize for the late reply. I requested for an immediate
update today from our internal department, they informed me they are
still looking into the issue. They are in contact with Microsoft and the
issue may be the wrong disk was included in the retail package. However,
I can set up and RMA for you for a replacement as well as a shipping
label for the return shipping. Please let me know if you would like the
replacement. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Crystal Cervantes
Customer Service Agent

It took six weeks of phone calls, emails and a complaint to the BBB just to get the RMA issued. I had purchased a laptop from them one day prior to this order, and this is how I’m treated. RIDICULOUS!!!!

spider2003

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

That's what I think too but it is going to be sooner than many would think.

spambi

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
mwave.com does a good job. I've only gotten one bum part from them, a Samsung monitor, and they replaced it immediately.

Also, they have motherboard bundles and barebones system bundles that take a lot of the guess work out of building custom machines.

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Hi,
I'm Dave, haven't logged on for a while. Noticed all the problems you've had with Newegg and wonder why you haven't given E-Bay a shot. I have about a 98% perfect rating and the prices are outstanding. If you haven't given this option a try, I might be able to talk you through some of the ways to get your bids at the right time and price. This is for the builder. Like DDR2 800 1G strips for $5.99 and $5.99 shipping. Sata DVD RW Lightscribe and all $32 free shipping. If you're familiar with this, I apologize wasting your time, but if not, this is the way to go

jcknouse

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Yep. This doesn't sound like a NewEgg issue. Sounds like the manufacturer.

I've never had anything but good experiences with them. That's why I've dropped well over $10k with them in the past several years.

Otherwise, I'd be shopping somewhere else.

Only time I buy elsewhere is when I need something that day, like I'm doing today. I gotta go get some laptop memory for a neighbor, as well as a bigger UPS for my A/V system in my living room...can't wait through 6 more days (over the weekend) through all the beeping from the UPS whenever I fire up the microwave and the A/V system is on at the same time :lol:

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
NEWEGG ROCKS! I have never had any problems with them other than the rebate issues. But, hey thats mostly manufacturers too. As jaydeejohn said PEBKAC.

Atomic1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
My entire office has had it with newegg. Expensive high end parts to cheap low end parts we get shipped DOA junk the first time then 50% DOA the second, and then maybe good product on the third try. Yea, the manufacturers may be at fault for making stuff that doesn't last but the way Newegg handles returns is ridiculous.

It took the guy sitting next to me 3 months to build a PC. Two bad power supplies, a bad hard drive, and a bad motherboard. It took him three weeks and 5 phone calls to get his new hard drive. UNACCEPTABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.