Newegg DEAL...my 1st SSD(hopefully) is it good?

somdow

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
ive been patienty waiting on the sidelines for a decent perf. decent price ssd.....
really wanted to wait till prices went down but i CANT ANY LONGER!!!! I CANT DOO IT!!! lol

so anyways, i just got an email from Newegg and in it was this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227542&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL093010&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL093010-_-EMC-093010-Index-_-SSD-_-20227542-L014B

my ?s for all you knowledgeble folks is........is it good? and is it good for the price?
is the tech dependable?

i know absolutely NOTHING about ssds.....all i care about is that its gonna last a while and that is smokes my current regular hdd lol

thanks in advance for the help....
if its NAY then ill keep looking. if its YAY ill buy asap!

Rightfuldon

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Yeah I agree with RetiredChef, the model you are looking at is a really good price for an SSD and it is one of the faster ones out there.

If you just wanted to see an increase in performance that is greater than your current HDD almost any SSD that you could randomly pick would give you a drastic performance increase. It just so happened you picked out a fast SSD among SSDs, and also a reliable one. In terms of it lasting a long time, for the average user it will probably last atleast 5 years or more (Just don't go crazy with benchmark software or try to keep your SSD at full capacity.)

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS