News Newegg Giving Away Free Face Masks With US Orders

Apr 8, 2020
Just remember that regular medical masks only provide partial protection against droplets of the size that can transmit Coronavirus. Better than nothing, but still be careful.

"Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%. "
"Masks used in the study were locally manufactured medical (three layer, made of non-woven material) or cloth masks (two layer, made of cotton) commonly used in Vietnamese hospitals. "
They were testing for particles large enough to transmit respiratory viruses.

Here is the study:
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Also remember, the most important part of a mask is getting a tight seal around the face.
Be safe everyone.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
That's pretty stupid. Companies don't need to be stocking up on medical supplies that are in urgent need and in short supply around the country. If other companies do this, it just makes the situation even worse. I sure won't be buying from Newegg now due to this practice. Worst idea ever and only causes harm to medical workers on the front lines that are having to reuse or go without proper PPE.

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Funny...when it popped up yesterday on the checkout while buying a new case fan, I was unable to make the Add to Cart button work. The refusal button worked just fine tho...

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
These Masks wont protect you against anything , They will just make you breath harder...

the real Masks are N95 and N99 masks , these are designed to block Viruses , the normal pictured mask is just for dust particles.

WildCard999

Titan
These Masks wont protect you against anything , They will just make you breath harder...

the real Masks are N95 and N99 masks , these are designed to block Viruses , the normal pictured mask is just for dust particles.
True however if your COVID positive (asymptomatic) and sneeze I'd rather have you be wearing the mask and covering the sneeze then nothing at all.

While I think this is fine those should be donated to hospitals for staff as N95's are only given to those who have direct contact with COVID patients. The rest of us are using standard surgical mask with a fabric mask over it and still work near COVID areas.

Giroro

Splendid
~$30 for 50 disposable paper masks of this type is gouging to a ridiculous degree.
These masks usually cost pennies.
Plus the more newegg "secures" and sells, the fewer go to hospitals.

TRENDING THREADS