News Newegg launches CPU trade-in program with low payouts — $300 for a Core i9-14900K or $220 for a Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasKinsley

Prominent
Oct 4, 2023
$300 for 14900K could end up being a good deal after those damaged CPUs crater in price.
Someone at NewEgg has not been paying attention to the news.

I decided to have fun and check for any pre-Windows 11 processors on the list. Turns out NewEgg is only paying for the last three generations. If you have an 11th gen Intel then your chip is considered too old to accept any money.

Remember eBay charges a 13.25% fee, and you are -way- off on some of your CPU prices on eBay. For example, the 7800X3D used sells for about $300 (sold listings for used CPUs, not active listings for new CPUs), not $350, with higher prices typically coming with free shipping meaning an additional expense. Less fee that's about $260, or 18% less than Newegg's offer, and you don't have to worry about being scammed by someone who claims it doesn't work or you sent an empty box and eBay refunds them and you get nothing.

Having been a victim of that, that 18% is very worth it. Newegg, however, will never get another dime from me.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Between the ebay fees, and any pay system fees, (Paypal) what you get from selling on ebay is not likely going to exceed what you get selling to newegg. At least that is my experience with selling on ebay. I never had any issues with scammers winning against me, as I always had everything well-documented and I always won every single dispute.

Between the ebay fees, and any pay system fees, (Paypal) what you get from selling on ebay is not likely going to exceed what you get selling to newegg. At least that is my experience with selling on ebay. I never had any issues with scammers winning against me, as I always had everything well-documented and I always won every single dispute.

Ebay has handled their own payments for over a year, so there's no Paypal fees, just the 13.25% final value fee.

Reactions: artk2219
Ebay has handled their own payments for over a year, so there's no Paypal fees, just the 13.25% final value fee.
Yes they have, and i've never been a fan of it. I miss the old paypal system, ebay onboarded then entire process, made it slower, hiked up the seller fee to 13.25% from 12%. All of this while having lower costs, and not having to share a piece of the pie with paypal. As a seller you get no real benefit from this, and ebay walks to the bank everyday laughing. We seriously need to popularize a better online marketplace with the reach that ebay has.

Status
Not open for further replies.