Zotac 1060 3gb
16 gb ram
Asus prime B450M
240gb ssd
1 Tb hdd
500w psu
Rosewill nautilus
This rounds up to about 950 cad

After I assembled it, it wouldn’t boot, so I replaced the ram, the Mobo without success. I then brought it to a store (canada computers) where they put in a new cpu, new ram, a new psu and finally another gpu. It finally worked. Since the card was DOA, I expected a full cash refund.
Upon calling newegg, they refused to give me cash back and only store credit (which I don’t plan on using). I then called zotac but they told me that they couldn’t do anything since I bought it from newegg. I’ve been very satisfied with their products and customer service until now. Is there anything I can do to get my cash back?
Thanks

Solution
Than RMA it to Zotac. Asking for a refund from Newegg isn't possible due to being past 30 days and you cannot ask Zotac for one since you didn't buy it directly from them. RMA the card and than sell it. Best you can do without receiving newegg credit.

Since more than half the computer didn't work, you either don't know what your are doing or....had extremely bad luck. I've never had more than a item at a time come to me DOA. The chances of having the Motherboard, Ram and Video card all DOA is extremely unlikely.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Is it past the return period? If you bought it on black Friday I would imagine it is. Newegg does give full refunds for defective products, Im not sure why they would say no unless you are past your return period.

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/refunds-partial-refunds-and-restocking-fees/

Dec 31, 2018

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah it’s past the 30 days by a week or so.
I did ask one of the employees if it would have been refundable within the 30 days.

They answered: The only "loophole" so to speak when it comes to refunding a nonrefundable item, is if the physical item was unopened- (newegg employee name)

iamacow

Admirable
Past 30 days all you can do is RMA all the bad parts for new ones (directly from the manufacture, not newegg) . You cannot expect a manufacture to give you a refund when you didn't buy directly from them. Best they will do a replace the faulty hardware.

Once you have a work computer, go sell it.

Dec 31, 2018

Dec 31, 2018
The other parts that were used for troubleshooting were bought from the local computer store and they accepted the returns. It is only the gpu that I have to return and I don’t want a dead gpu nor store credit on my hands.

iamacow

Admirable
Than RMA it to Zotac. Asking for a refund from Newegg isn't possible due to being past 30 days and you cannot ask Zotac for one since you didn't buy it directly from them. RMA the card and than sell it. Best you can do without receiving newegg credit.

Since more than half the computer didn't work, you either don't know what your are doing or....had extremely bad luck. I've never had more than a item at a time come to me DOA. The chances of having the Motherboard, Ram and Video card all DOA is extremely unlikely.

Solution