Newegg Nonsense.. should have known better

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
I just got off of an internet conversation with Newegg. I'll never order from them again after this complete stupidity.

I put in an order on Wednesday Feb 25th a GTX 970 card, paid the "Newegg Next Day" 23.23 extra, and even paid the 2.99 rush processing fee. Today is the 27th and the thing still hasn't been shipped, they said I MIGHT get it Monday if not, Tuesday. That sounds like I put the order in today Friday, not Wednesday.

Apparently they call it "Newegg Next day" because they want you to think it will be next day, but nobody at Newegg owns a calendar.

First order from them in years, I should have known better and paid the tax Amazon charges, it's worth every penny vs this Newegg Nonsense.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
And now I get an email stating I need to verify my address, again, this is the second time they pulled this in 3 days. Wednesday I placed the order, Thurs early morning I got an email with a contact information problem, which I corrected within 1 hour of getting the email, now Saturday I get another email saying they need me to verify my address AGAIN..... Newegg can suck eggs, last order they EVER get from me.

Newegg Customer Service = Screw over customer as hard as possible. I paid 26.22 dollars extra to get it quick and it gets delayed twice, makes me wonder if I didn't pay a dollar extra if I'd get what I ordered in April off a slow boat direct from China. Newegg Nitwits.

EDIT: The first problem was that my phone number didn't match what the credit card company had on file, I corrected that both with the CC company, approving the charge directly with their customer service, and on the Newegg site, within an hour of the email listing the problem.

Second problem, this one this morning, had nothing inaccurate in the details whatsoever. Which means the thing STILL hasn't been shipped. I'm so close to just cancelling this, and if it weren't for the fact that I want the FTW+ and no other retailer has that edition, I would.

Disappointed because so many PC builders speak highly of Newegg. But for me, never again.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello Joe Newbie,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're terribly sorry that your order has been delayed. Our verification procedures require that your billing information on the order matches with the information your card issuer has on file. Please email us at wecare@newegg.com with your order number and we'll be more than happy to check on your order status. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

William ~ Newegg Support

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
I was on the internet chat system with Douglas Y. the issue seems to be resolved and I'll be a happy customer so long as I do get this tomorrow as is expected. My one true disappointment and if I order again with Newegg I will not be paying for any expedited shipping because in the end you folks don't ship things out on the weekends, and an order placed on Wednesday, corrected on Thursday can't get shipped out by Friday, seems a little substandard for the industry. Especially considering I responded immediately to any email asking for clarifications. And even went so far as to call my CC company on Thursday to tell them the charge was legit and not to hold it up.

For some reason archived information about my former place of employment was attached to my address, so the shipping information looked like this....

Joe Newbie
McDonald's Fine Eating Establishment
XYZZ Joenewbies real address
Joenewbies real city state and zip

Couldn't get shipped out because it was identifying itself as a place of business rather than a residence, that little hiccup shouldn't have been enough to stop an order from shipping. Why my former employer was even listed in the first place makes no sense to me but that it was in your system. I mean if it was there on my last order, having never had anything shipped anywhere but my personal residences, the last order I placed must have been sent to my house with my employer listed in the shipping label as well, and it got to me without incident.

Everything has been corrected, hopefully all will go well tomorrow as I'm having surgery in the morning and the delivery guys usually come in the afternoon.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
I JUST got off the internet conversation with you folks verifying my information and get another email insisting I log in and do it again, which I just did. Does the right hand know what the left one is doing at Newegg?

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Well their internal communications seem to be lacking and their automated emails insisting on address verification over and over again has me wishing EVGA wouldn't have made Newegg their exclusive first people carrying the FTW+ edition of the 970. It's the only reason I've put up with this and EVGA will be getting a link to this post to explain why they would go with Newegg like that. It's disappointing on so many levels.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Well I've been told to expect it tomorrow, if it's not here tomorrow I will be canceling the order and just wait for another retailer to sell that card, or just pick another card.

Bottom line is, don't call it next day shipping if you can't ship out the next day. They keep turning it around to say I didn't give proper address information, but why in the hell would I put an employer name who I haven't worked for since 2008 on my address information, address information that I've only moved into last year? It apparently was something in their system that got spit out when I placed the order under my old customer ID/username.

And I don't care if it listed Mall of America under my accurate name and above my accurate address, there is no reason it shouldn't have come to the address listed, no matter the additional description hiccup on their part. Especially since I clarified the charges were legit with my CC company last Thursday, and corrected this info on Thursday last week. I even spoke with their rep on Friday before they then sent another verification email on Saturday.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzeYWjrqJZpMc1czRlNlQUdMc2s/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzeYWjrqJZpMcEVvdU9lZ1ZEZ0k/view?usp=sharing

How many times do they need to verify the same information? That's what really has me mad. the last two emails came after I'd already spoken to a rep on the 27th. Same stupid form email every time and I did both of the things they suggested on the 26th, called my CC company and made sure they knew the charge was legit AND corrected the inaccurate information. Then I spoke to their rep online to get an ETA on the 27th. Then I went and verified the information again on the 28th after that email arrived. Spoke with them today in chat again, thought everything was straightened out and corrected, then boom, yet another automated request to verify and that was within 15 minutes of ending the chat.

I can report that finally my credit card has been charged, which to me means it's been shipped, now, when will it arrive... I should take bets.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

You make a good point, per the Newegg order page is says it's "Packaging" that doesn't sound shipped to me. Good call man.

that's right -- cc charged [day 1] packing slip makes it to the floor [day 2] items packed and set on dock for pickup [day 3 ] then ups will pick it up and send it to there dock for processing then that ''next day shipping takes affect [as in they mite ship it out to you the next day ]

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Well, we'll see. I'll update tomorrow night if it's here or not. Til then I'm going to assume what they said is true and it should be here tomorrow.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Delivery box was left at my stoop, disturbing I didn't have to sign for it. But it was there and is now installed. It at last arrived and I am happy this was resolved. Newegg's automated systems might need some tweeking but the people I dealt with were pleasant enough.

Would I purchase from Newegg again, yes. But I won't be ordering anything with "rush" or "next day" again, Amazon has Newegg beat by miles in that regard, their logistics to get a box from point A to B to Shipper to in your hands all within a day when you pay for expedited shipping is rather amazing.

Now to benchmark and see if my card performs as well as is expected.

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Well like I said, I think Newegg customer service came through in the end but I won't be ordering anything with Rush processing or Next Day again. If Newegg has a good sale on something I need I would use them again, I just wouldn't expect to get it in 2-3 days.

My surgery got cancelled thereby making the whole reason I wanted it quickly a moot point in the end. I wanted to make sure it was installed before I was laid up with recovery. Rescheduled for April 20th, yes, 420 day. Woot.

ok I still order from them and learned what to expect as you do now ... like I said it was not until they went selling things like amazon where you can get a qt. of motor oil a cpu, lawn mower blades , shaving cream , dvd drive , and a copy of windows all I one cart is when things got ''funny'' and went from the ''go to'' site to the same as the rest who ever got the best price at the time site [ho hum] plus I can do with out all that other sellers crap they got going on make me now wonder if anything is really newegg ???

Joe Newbie

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
The fact that they are broadening rather than narrowing their focus, that's what hurts. If they had been up and running custom watercooling parts while FrozenCPU is going through it's troubles at the moment it wouldn't have taken much marketing to then dominate the custom watercooling market, especially with an established brand like Newegg has.

all I know is back when it was newegg and sold computer parts/electronics just out of California [the old original newegg] I got good stuff issue free and quick service and shipping 2250 miles now its like they got all these where houses that are close at hand and takes longer to get things to me ????? [450 miles ] never got ''suspect'' items as I have lately -- like a vid card I got came in a new looking no damage factory sealed box , but the card inside looked like a referb / used / 2ed hand ??? heck the card it was to replace looked ''newer/ fresher / cleaner '' then this so called first quality part I just got .. nothing on the box s/n or any stickers to state it was a referb or ''b'' part bought as first quality so needless to say it did not work right would not display with any of my CRT monitors at all worked fine with lcd or flat screens monitors but not any crt.. only that card does that .. so I traded it off for a 6 pack and reordered another card [one I'm running now]

my buddy he orders a lot and see this with them also