Newegg or Tigerdirect?

metalface

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I live in CA and would like to purchase my new build (going to cost about $1,300) from Newegg but the sales tax is going to cost me an extra 10% almost. Tigerdirect seems to have a bad reputation or not as good as Newegg at least.

Is it worth biting the bullet and going through Newegg or am I being paranoid about Tigerdirect?

Also waiting to look at holiday sales next month before I buy if that makes a difference.

The_Lurker

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Yeah I'm also waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I would Say that 80% of my buys are from newegg even though I haven't build a comp in a while. As for BF/CM you could see the ad's start appearing around the 1st and 2nd week of November. If I could get the same Products from Tiger well, 10% at $1300 is $130 bucks I would use that to get a better GPU. Most the time It's hard to beat the egg.

kaosnkorruption

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I find newegg generally has a better selection and prices, but tiger has better shipping time in my area.

They have a distribution center in northern IL and I live in southeast WI, so I get stuff from them ridiculously fast. I've had 2 day turnaround from ordering to processing to shipping to delivery.