Newegg policies on replacment

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I asked Newegg when the warranty and 30-day return period of replacment start, they said that it is from the day of the original invoice. So, if it takes 10 days to have it delivered, 5 days for me to ship it back to them and get processed and another 10 days for them to deliver the replacement. I only have 5 days left for possible replacment and 11 month left for warranty. Should't the warranty and 30-day return period of replacment start when the replacement is shipped rather than from the original defective product is invoiced? Who wants to buy from newegg with such policies?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
I bought a Nvidia RTX card from them, unopened. It tooks ages for other components to be shipped. Since many users have complained about possible failure now eve for the 2080, I asked them if I could get a replacment and have the clock reset. They said no. Same for products that are defective. Clock starts counting from original invoice. They don't care if it takes about 10 days to ship from them to the customer for each round.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
It's still under warranty if you get a new part in your car under warranty it's not covered beyond the warranty you got at time of purchase. I'm actually not sure of anything that isn't based off date of purchase

Reactions: pmarion

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Assuming that I purchased something on Jan 1. It took two weeks to be delivered. To make things simple, it takes a week to send it back to Newegg and I return it immediately, three weeks have passed. By the time it takes another two weeks for the new replacement to arrive, five weeks have passed. It means that even I have the new replacement, 5 weeks of warranty have already passed (as they started counting based on the original invoice) and if something goes wrong within the first 30 days upon receiving the replacement product, I cannot return it for a refund because the 30 days deadline is the end of January.

pmarion

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Most places ship replacements to you using the same shipping method that you return the defective product. If you are worried about the warranty length, use next day shipping and eat the cost difference.

Put yourself in their shoes and you probably won't complain about their policy.