Newegg problems - need some advice.

ovadose

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
Hello. I have been at this for a while but now finally reached a point where I am not sure what I can do next, so I need some help. Here is the rundown of what happened:

- I ordered a motherboard and being the dummy I am, I did not realize it was the wrong board until it came to my door. I did not open the actual product packaging but the box that it came in. I issued an RMA right away for wrong product placement.

- Fast forward a few days later, I get an email from Newegg saying that they denied my RMA claim due to physical damage to the board. The southbridge heatsink was detached.

- I called Newegg support and tried to explain what happened. The rep was nice but he pretty much said that there is not much that they can do. I was told that they will review the claim again with the new information. Well, this did not help and the board arrived a few days later. He also suggested to try MSI if things do not work out.
Side note - I opened the box this time to see this "damage" and noticed that the sticker with the serial number is missing from the board itself. Pretty much all boards I have seen have a little sticker around the middle of the board.

- Now stuck with fewer options, I contacted MSI to issue a physical damage RMA. Rep requested photos of the damage and packaging so I obliged and sent all information to him.

- Shortly after I was notified by the MSI reps that I should probably contact Newegg and get a refund through them because MSI will not cover physical damage. So I told them Newegg does not want anything with this board and that I already tried. MSI said they can repair it but it will come with a $45 dollar price tag.

I understand that Newegg does have a policy that doesn't allow damaged merchandise returns, but what am I supposed to do in a situation like this? I never saw the damage because I never opened the box.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
anymore it comes down to you will know better next time -- newegg is not the newegg I grew up with anymore and that's how it is with them [most all anymore ] I now tend to look over at amazon with items with there a to z policy and just to say 3 of my last 10 items from egg been ''suspect'' one card I got from them came with what looked like a good factory sealed box but the card inside looked ''used'' or not as a new card would look ???

so over all when it goes back to them the ball is all in there court ... dude its just the way things are these days [opinion]
anymore it comes down to you will know better next time -- newegg is not the newegg I grew up with anymore and that's how it is with them [most all anymore ] I now tend to look over at amazon with items with there a to z policy and just to say 3 of my last 10 items from egg been ''suspect'' one card I got from them came with what looked like a good factory sealed box but the card inside looked ''used'' or not as a new card would look ???

so over all when it goes back to them the ball is all in there court ... dude its just the way things are these days [opinion]

Solution

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Hello ovadose,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I want to apologize for the difficulty you had this this RMA and we'd like to help. Would you contact us at wecare@newegg.com with further details on your RMA and we'll be happy to see what options are available to help resolve this. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Newegg Support ~ William