Newegg Promo Codes GPU Inquiry

solarasreign

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017
Black Friday came and we all took advantage of the many deals, myself included and snagged a Vega 64. There was a 149USD promo of 3 games when purchased, you may laugh but I didn't even know what the games were, it didn't specify. I was delighted upon revelation since I was thinking about buying them in the future. Anyways, I received the product key via email before the card, and I wasn't allow to claimed them without it. Which is fine, once I got the GPU I was able to do so. I received an email letting me know that they're reserved and will released the key when the game becomes available.

So my question is this, since the games will be released later next year, must they be installed in the same computer with the GPU it was bundled with?

For example, I also have a Nvidia system, would I just be able to activate the codes there or is it locked to the GPU purchased?

Solution
Like any other game purchase, I would expect that you could install the games on any computer you want.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Just as an example, I recently purchased a new graphics card for my system. It also came with a free game code. I received the code for the game a couple days before the new graphics card. The game installed fine on my system with the old graphics card.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Like any other game purchase, I would expect that you could install the games on any computer you want.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Just as an example, I recently purchased a new graphics card for my system. It also came with a free game code. I received the code for the game a couple days before the new graphics card. The game installed fine on my system with the old graphics card.

Solution

solarasreign

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017
I was thinking the same, and that it should be okay, considering that I already claimed them after having the GPU installed. The fact that I couldn't before rose suspicious. Like, I need to prove that I have the GPU to get the games, do I need to installed them also in that same system?

Cause ideally I would rather play the codes in the Nvidia system that I have. I mostly got the Vega for the computing power and tasks. (Not mining)